Sign in to follow this  
muppetlab

VR CRANK SENSOR TEST

Can anyone tell me what the resistance should be on a vr crank sensor, mine has cut out and wont start and i suspect the crank sensor, is there a lower resistance level that would cause a failure as mine is reading approx 500. cheers jez

Hi mate, according to "autodata" resistance should be anywhere between 480-1000 to be "in spec"

Im currently having non start issues with a Golf VR(no fuel no spark) & I think its the crank sensor thats knackered, I get no resistance reading from it on the golf but having checked my rado(thats running) it gives me a reading just over 600

HTH

Thanks a million, i can probably rule that out then, as mine is just in spec, might try another to be sure though as i am having a mare at the mo trying to get to the reason why my vr cut out. Cheers :D

EDIT: having checked the car over i am sure i getting no spark and pretty sure the injectors are not working properly, so its pointing to the ole crank sensor. guess i will have to bite the bullet and get one.... cheers