Sign in to follow this  
daleyboy

Dastek Unichip with Schrick VGI.....

Ive bought a second hand Schrick VGI which im going to fit to my otherwise standard VR6, it was off a car being broken for bits. While looking at the car i saw a Dastek Unichip which was connected to the ecu wires, i asked him how much he wanted for it and bought it. The car it came off was a 94 vr and mine is a 93, im presuming that this has been dyno'd for the car it was fitted to, now the 64,00 dollar question is would YOU fit this (if you were me) to your car or would you take it somewhere to get remapped, can it be re-written as it were ? OR would you whack it on and see what happens ? I know im asking a lot of questions but i have no experience of modding an engine at all, so all comments welcome.................. :notworthy:

Yours is probably a coilpack engine rather than dizzy but it's worth checking beause the 94 car will definitely be coilpack (if it's the standard engine).

Yea mines a coilpack, both cars have standard engines (from what i could tell with the other car) the only thing i dont know is if the donor car had aftermarket cams..............Im just a bit worried about splicing into the ecu wiring............

I personally am not a big fan of Unichips, I used to have one and the gains are marginal. I would fit the VGI and ensure it is working correctly, ebay the Unichip and put the money towards a remap of your standard ecu from someone like Storm Developments or Stealth Racing.

Its not a generic chip it remapped by stealth but it was the donor car that was mapped not mine........im not convinced about chopping the ecu wiring though and im the worst solderer in the world......... :salute:

Anyway talked to Vince at Stealth and he said put the chip straight on e-bay, and get a proper map once all engine mods are done................

and he the man......... :notworthy:

Anyway talked to Vince at Stealth and he said put the chip straight on e-bay, and get a proper map once all engine mods are done................

and he the man......... :notworthy:

LOL... wasnt that exactly what I said?

Good luck with it fella, post up the results :D

Oh yes indeed, see i do listen......................good man-thanks.................i will when i get it back on the road at the mo it looks like this.................. :wave:............

Oh yes indeed, see i do listen......................good man-thanks.................i will when i get it back on the road at the mo it looks like this.................. :wave:............

That looks absolutely lovely