Sign in to follow this  
Abdul

Sorry, another whats it worth thread

Hi guys, got my valver up for sale at what i believe to be a reasonable price, 2250 no offers as it is or 1800 without the wheels bring your own....

Ill be honest, ive had no interest and am struggling to figure out why! The car in question... viewtopic.php?f=12&t=94440

Any opinions are appreciated.

Thanks

Abdul

Hi guys, got my valver up for sale at what i believe to be a reasonable price, 2250 no offers as it is or 1800 without the wheels bring your own....

Ill be honest, ive had no interest and am struggling to figure out why! The car in question... viewtopic.php?f=12&t=94440

Any opinions are appreciated.

Thanks

Abdul

imho if i was looking to buy one the windscreen being knackered would be a sizeable problem. its not really a cheap or easy fix. as im sure ull know the rado screens are bonded in and if not replaced properly are prone to leaking. as for insurance covering it...some people may have this but im sure a lot dont.

rado prices are all over the place at the mo, u can pick up a decent vr for £3-3.5k, and an alright g60 for £2.5k.

i value my own valver v highly (rare recaro's, moonroof,kw variant 2's, fresh 8j d'90's, immaculate body and paint,brand new 280ml discs and calipers, goodridge stainless hoses,mk4 header, plus many more little touch's) realistically if i sell it i know to get what it is really worth im gona have to put my spare standard interior in, put the original wheels back on, put the standard suspension back on etc and then sell all the individual parts ie, recaros kw's etc to make the extra money on top of the original car.

big big thing that people tend to forget when modifying cars is that no matter how much you spend modifying or upgrading the car it will never be worth the total of what you have spent... the mk1 rocco on ed38 for instance... fantastic car, sheer perfection on a mk1 really but i bet it cost a lot more to build then £4750 asking price!

just bide your time fella, someone will buy it.. id maybe sell off whatever upgrades youve got seperately and get it as near to standard as u can.

just my 2p's worth..

Thanks for the input mate, no doubt i wont make my money back. I bought the car for 2k in the beginning of 2009. I have since spent over 2k easy. Im advertising it at half the price, how much more fair can i be?

I know what u mean about the screen though!

If it doesnt go within the next 2 weeks ill be painting the wheels crackle black and if its still here in august ill be repainting the car and potentially VR'ing too. I dont fancy making anymore loss on it tbh lol. Ive been thinking alot about what i'd do with a vr if i bought one and to be honest the costs of buying one and doing it up to the standard of my car and the costs of vr'ing this work out to be the same. I guess i wanted a fresh canvas really!

corrado's arent cheap cars to maintain, they are getting on a fair bit and parts will slowly wear out and need replacing so its easy to lose £££ on them.

i understand the appeal of a vr, but at the same time a properly sorted valver is a rare thing. id keep it dude, overhaul all the running gear, joints, bush's etc , stick a four branch on, port and polish the head and tb, kr cams, 50ml inlet. it'll drive like a completely differnt car. i aim to get mine mechanically as good as david wort's valver, a lot of thought and effort has gone into that car, and having driven behind last year on the way to stonor its no slouch. was giving a few vr's a run for thier money!

valver ftw :D

corrado's arent cheap cars to maintain, they are getting on a fair bit and parts will slowly wear out and need replacing so its easy to lose £££ on them.

i understand the appeal of a vr, but at the same time a properly sorted valver is a rare thing. id keep it dude, overhaul all the running gear, joints, bush's etc , stick a four branch on, port and polish the head and tb, kr cams, 50ml inlet. it'll drive like a completely differnt car. i aim to get mine mechanically as good as david wort's valver, a lot of thought and effort has gone into that car, and having driven behind last year on the way to stonor its no slouch. was giving a few vr's a run for thier money!

valver ftw :D

I know what you're saying mate but honestly, i want a VR lol. I dunno, ill never feel satisfied knowing that i had 'only' a valver. Its not got the kudos that a VR has lol.

I think the fact of the matter is, no matter how nice a valver is, to me its the inferior model to the VR and I LOVE my valver lol.

I know i need to do the trackrods sooner or later so if it stays ill redo the whole front end... Ive just been putting off pouring money into it as i figured id be better off buying a vr and working on that. One advantage with this is though that it doesnt have widetrack so wide wheels are easy on the front lol.

Thanks fella, im starting to feel less depressed now lol.

im trying to sell my VR at the mo and its slow interest, putting it on autotrader this weekend on website and book, should sell then.