Sign in to follow this  
Funkula

Courtesy lights - Not working... (well sort of)

Hey!

Apologies for an incoming flood of novice questions regarding my newly acquired 90 spec 1.8 16v :D

I have a problem with my courtesy lights... They switch on and off ok (rocker positions 2 and 3), but when you switch it to position 1 (ie the setting which turns them on and off when the doors are open), it is just permanantly dimly lit? It's as if there is a bit of voltage leaking down the earth somewhere?

Has anyone had this before? Could it be an issue with the switch itself? Or door switches? Or a fault in the loom somewhere?

Not a big problem but I would like to repair it! Anyone got any common pointers before I waste hours of fruitless fault finding?

Cheers!

Could it be that your door switch has been pushed back into the bodywork and ceased into the 'open' position? By this I mean the switch that gets pushed back when u close the door, and opens up when u open the door...? Just a thought :)

I had a few issues with mine so ended up spraying some wd40 on it to make it a bit looser, think my problem tho was that it was just squeaking when opening the door and didn't slide back into position smoothly