Sign in to follow this  
metz

Does anyone know this car...

Hi guys its been a while since i posted on here as i sold my G60 a while back but certain changes recently mean i'm now able to buy another Corrado..thank god..i miss mine dearly. Anyway iam going to view one tommorow and just wondered if any of you guys and girls knew the car. M306 JRP here is the Pistonheads ad .. http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1846989.htm apparently the last owner was in london. one thing that threw me on the phone to the owner was he said the car had a slight missfire which he found to be the coilpack. as its a 1995 M reg car i thought that it would have been a dizzy model.

Any info you guys have would be greatly appreciated.

Tris

Hi Mate,

dont know the car but looks pretty tidy to me and if i was interested in a vr i'd certainly go and look if its only local.

It should have a coilpack on it as dizzy models were early 92/92 VR6's

As a good guide what to look out for print off the buyers guide which is on the wiki board index.

Any problems you aren't sure about let me know, always happy to help out a local who needs a second oppinion

Thank you so much for your reply mate. glad to see your in sheffield too. It has put my mind at rest about the coilpack as a mate was convinced it was supposed to be dizzy. one thing, i know the timing chain discussion is a can of worms but if they have not been done how much of a bargaining tool is that?

the owner says there is a receipt for £1700 that lists new clutch but either it took 50 hours labour or something else was done at the same time..im thinkign it makes sense to inspect and if needs be do the chain guides at the same time.

Thank you so much for your reply mate. glad to see your in sheffield too. It has put my mind at rest about the coilpack as a mate was convinced it was supposed to be dizzy. one thing, i know the timing chain discussion is a can of worms but if they have not been done how much of a bargaining tool is that?

the owner says there is a receipt for £1700 that lists new clutch but either it took 50 hours labour or something else was done at the same time..im thinkign it makes sense to inspect and if needs be do the chain guides at the same time.

If it has a receipt for 1700 then id imagine that the chains were done at the same time as its common to do both together iirc.

I've looked at that same advert a few times and if it were closer to me I'd probably have taken a peek at it (just a touch out of my budget though). But I'd say that looks a really good car on the face of it. Definitely worth a viewing if it's local to you. From the receipt it sounds like the chains may have been done. But at only 130k I'm not sure how much of a bargaining point the chains would be if they hadn't.

I'm guessing the mileage is quite low for a vr6 then? its low for the year i know.

It's low for the year, certainly.

I've seen VR6's have timing chains done at 120k and also seen cars at 180k without them doen, but no sign of needing them. It really depends on how the car has been treated and services. But being low mileage the chances are it won't need them for some time unless it has been driven hard. From the pictures the car looks well cared for but that's just an assumption.

yes thats true, pictures can hiding a multitude of sins can't they. i will go for a look tommorow and let you guys know the verdict. fingers crossed.

thank you for all your help.

Tris

Good luck, hope it goes well. It has air con too which is a major plus. But I'm assuming the downside of that is that any faults may be impossible to fix in the future due to lack of spare parts (I'd still want it though!).

Had my chains done at 92k, not because it needed them or the famous tensioner which was pristine condition when removed but because my clutch had gone so may as well do it anyway while they were doing the rest.

As Abdul says, it does sound like a costly bill for just the clutch but i'd only take it as face value if he doesnt have an invoice for the repair and i'd certainly get it done if there are no signs of it.

Dont let this put you off buying it though as if its a good example its probably best to go with that rather than a slightly tatty looking one thats had the chains done. Thats the way i'd view it anyway.

Good luck. :salute:

You would have to be an absolute crackhead to put a clutch on a 200hp vr6 and pay £1200 for it lol.

Hope it works out for u mate, i had my eyes on this too!

I have been for a look today, drivers side sill has bad corrosion on end where it meets rear arch, abs light is on, body has had a bad respray..so much so that u can see the line around the rubbing strips where they just masked them off. scratches to wings and doors have just been sprayed over so u can see where the paint dips in. engine was lovely though lol.

I wouldnt pay £2000 nevermind £3200.

sooo the search continues

Ahhhhh i hate cars like that, piss me off soo much!!

Awesome pics, piece of shit in person. F*ck that.

I had a similar experience a while back. There was a beautiful moonlight blue VR with recarro leather and in my price range. The pics looked great. When I turned up I found the bodywork was pants, it pulled hard to the left, the brakes juddered badly and the engine was noisy as hell. Chains definitely needed. I walked away but it was a shame really as it could have been a great car if it had been a bit more cared for.