Sign in to follow this  
aaron-j

need a favor

hey

iv had my vr for about two months now and im just not happy with it, i really think it may have lost power over the years and its driving me crazy, maybe its just me but to me it feels like it doesnt have the guts i thought it would after reading alot of reviews i was lead to belive this would ba a crazy fast car but mine feels sluggish and its very frustrating, so what im looking for is someone with a well looked after vr as close to standered as possible as mine is standerd to drive my vr and tell me what they think, i live in newport south wales so if thers anyone close with a vr you consider to be fast then please would you come and compare and take mine for a thrash to see if thers something rong with it or if its just me, i can travel to meet half way is there is no1 close

cheers

ok maybe if people could tell me about their vr's speed wise? mine has no low down grunt at all, only when it reaches just over 3k rpm does it it pick up but even then it dont feel like a 2.9 v6 should, i drove a 3l v6 pug 406 last year and it was very torquey, what might cause it to loose power?

Basic things on the VR are to make sure it has decent spark plugs and good quality, good condition HT leads. You'll be surprised how much difference they make.

As well as that see if you can find someone local who has VAG-COM as they can plug into the cars diagnostic socket and see if there are any fault codes stored on the ECU.

I would say though that as standard the OBD1 VR6 is quite a 'peaky' engine. They don't really give decent power or torque until 3.5k rpm upwards, and below that tend to feel a bit flat. That's just my opinion though.

HTH a bit.

Tom

Hey dude, im sometimes in Chepstow, was this wknd just gone, and should be this wknd coming up if u fancy it?

yea cool im up for that, i'll pm you my number,

thanks

Basic things on the VR are to make sure it has decent spark plugs and good quality, good condition HT leads. You'll be surprised how much difference they make.

i just put brand new plugs and leads on her and a new battery, they wasnt very expensive just basic stuff, i'll deffinatly find a place with a vag com, thanks for your help