Sign in to follow this  
iMation

G60 boiling :S

I found the pic I took of my old stat and the Third new one from VW... As you can see the new one is open but only just when you look at the old one :censored:

your old one opens massivly, the one i bought opened about an inch then stopped.

:censored: i wish i wasnt at work :S

Cheers for the help

p.s. forgot to say, Fan isnt coming on at all, even when the water is bubbling out the exspantion tank. I think this is due to the bottom half of the rad being cold still

p.s. forgot to say, Fan isnt coming on at all, even when the water is bubbling out the exspantion tank. I think this is due to the bottom half of the rad being cold still

Yeah it will be...

Basically the stat is key for the whole system, you need to sort that first before looking at anything else...

Right o, just an update

Got everything put back together yesterday and left the themostat out. ran the car for 10 mins and everything got warm.

Bottom hose, rad, top hose etc... so it looks like its ok

So im just waiting for the lower temp thermostat and pan switch to arrive then i will try them.

Also i filled up from the top of the rad.

ok so today a new fucking story

got all the leaks sorted so took out for a run to get warm. everything fine until the temp went through the roof.

so pulled over and exspantion tank was empty, so put in some more water but couldnt see any drips from under the engine....

on way back temp had dropped and i thought fuck it, i put my foot down and nothing, no fucking power. so now i think there may be a boost leak or the charger is completely fucked!!!

So after all this shit im still no closer to getting it sorted. lets hope that tomorrow is a better day so i can have a prop[er look without getting pissed on!