Sign in to follow this  
G-Lader

Insurance - HIC

Been under cover with HIC for almost twelve months,done me a great deal last Feb but got the renewal through and its details Corrado 16v!!!!!! Ive got a G60 and got on the phone to them straight away,last years certificate just stated Corrado 1781cc,anyway they have amened the remaining weeks on this years policy and insured me on a G60 at the same price as they offered the renewal on a 16v for but the bloke who took the business last year for HIC was obviosly just changing the policy to get me to take the insurance....with out a doubt i tol him about it being a G60 and having a chip'n pulley etc

Gotta be so careful with Insurance..................

:shock: I REALLY hope they ain't got mine down as a 16v... It's got agreed value on it at the moment (they've not seen the stripped down photos!) and will be having a new value agreed when I re-insure... 8)

when i was putting the VR6 into my last corrado, i had a renualt 5 gt turbo to drive for a couple of months which i changed my insurance on to.

when i finished the corrado and it was back on the road, changed the insurance back over told them about the engine and mods etc.

then just over a week later a learner driver drove into it, phoned the insurance company to go through the claims procedure and they still had the insurance down as being on the renault :?

this got me very worried for a while,

it turned out the broker had nt told the actual company :x

everything worked out ok in the end tho :D

I ve been quite impressed by HIC,

bought myself a polo to use as a daily driver and wanted to start it on a seperate policy to the corrado,

had no NCB on it cause they were all on the corrado, explained this to HIC and they gave me a really good deal, taking into account the NCB from the other car.