Sign in to follow this  
Chopper

Anybody got a Corrado G60 with a Toad AI606 alarm that works

I have a TOAD AI606 which was fitted to my G60 a year ago by one of the largest installers in the UK. From the very first day it has malfunctioned when armed as soon as the cooling system kicks in when parked. Symtoms are that the alarm sounds and when you try to disarm with the fob it seems to try and fight with the central locking. After 10 visits to the installer to be sorted out the best they can sugest is that it is a fault with the car and that they will rip it out and refund me. Not much use to me when Insurance companies usually insist on cat 1 and I know for sure there must be many G60's out there running this alarm. Please let me know if you have a working example so that I can use it as ammo against TOAD and/or better still how can it be resolved :(

Mines works been in the car for 3 years and 4 days (just renewed my insurance :wink:

To be honest its not been a smooth ride every six months or so it throws the toys out the pram. But this only happens if it is really hot in the car (i.e. heat on full) Not sure if it is motion & heat sensors or what so could be talking crap. Again every while the fob will not arm the car or unarm but it gets there after five minutes of trying(maybe new battery required) and the last problem is the sender under the bonnet just had a fit (you know when you open the door you get a beep) well I opened the boot and two doors and the think was doing morse code . Point being when the car was armed the alarm would go off as it thought the bonnet was being opened. This problem cured itself after some wd40.

So in brief it works but like all car alarms a little bit querky.

Mines was fitted by a local guy I tend to stay away from large installers and go local.

Maybe an idea to call toad direct and ask them what the score is and if there authorised dealer is taking the p*&^ or is just to lazy to sort it out.

Oh and welcome to the FORUM :)

The ultrasonics can play up if the car is hot when you leave it. The convection seems to trigger them. I had that problem with a Passat a couple of years ago. I used to leave a door open for 20 seconds to let the cold air in. No more false alarms.

I have not fitted any Toads but they do sound to be a lot of trouble to me. The sudden drain when the fan kicks in could be enough for the alarm to think the power has been cut?

Look in the user manual. There should be some way of finding out what is triggering it. Post it up here and maybe we can sort you out.

Gavin

Mines doesnt seem to react to the fan problem. As traffic around my way is bad and parking seems to push the temp up all the time I would expect that to be setting mine off a lot. As the fan runs on and off for ages when I park up.

Cheers