Sign in to follow this  
dkingvr6

Fault code 0114 ABS - Now Solved - Now back!

Hello all,

been searching the forum for this code: 0114 rear left outlet valve faulty

It came up on my mates diagnostic laptop in his garage, and doesnt seem to match any codes i can find on here or the internet, has anyone got any ideas.

I am guessing its the same as N0134??

Its on a 1995 VR6 Storm

Also guessing that it means the pump/abs assembly needs refurbing?

My mate recons he has a company that can do it, anyone had one reconditioned?

Cheers Dan

I can't remember the fault code that came up, but mine had a very similar fault recently (the code translated to one of the outlets being faulty).

It turned out that there was a dodgy connection on one of the wires at the abs pump. Found by checking continuity between terminals at the ecu and at the pump, used the Bentley manual for wiring diagram.

Outlet valve issues are usually to do with a lack of fluid changes or proper bleeding.

I would pressure bleed first the system first and clear the code.

Cheers Summersetdub, sorted it this afternoon mate!

Had a look at the ABS ECU and there was corrosion on 7 of the connection pins, sprayed some good contact cleaner in there and in the ABS unit connector.

Started car and shot down the road gave the brakes some grief three or four quick stops, the light was still on, switched it off, left it 20 mins, then started it again light went off, result! Another test drive, got the ABS working with a fast stop, light still off!

Hope this helps others

Cheers Dan

ARRRRGHHHH its back! :mad2:

Will try a brake bleed, going to replace the calipers and discs with a 288mm setup anway and replace all hoses so will wait till then, cars off the road so no panic

I would revisit the ABS ECU connector and see if it will clear by retreating it with contact cleaner.

If it does, then use some WD40 to apply longer term sealing after using the contact cleaner.

Have you tried cleaning the plugs that actually connect the ABS pump? mine kept coming up with the same error and has only gone away after cleaning with a brass brush and a good squirt of contact cleaner.