Sign in to follow this  
sexybourbon

bolt help

iv recently purchased some keskin kt1 wheels wich are in need of some polishing but iv tried removing the plastic bolts and they just snap so im going to have to drill them out i think !! was just wondering if anyone knew what allen key head bolt i could use to put back in ?? also any tips on getting the origional laquer of from around the dishes without damaging the centere paint as they are still good

cheers guys

We had exactly the same problem when re-furbing the wheels below. We used very short (10mm) M8 stainless Allen bolts. The originals were drilled out and the rim tapped with a M8 tap. Try Stagonset for supplies.

P7060012.jpg

tried this mate but its currently undergoin works so its not available i cant believe how hard it is to get some silly bolts lol you would of thought you could get them pretty simple im going to need about 125 which is quite alot and i dont want to put steel ones in incase the ally and steel react and spoil the wheels

The technical term for what you and I know as Allen bolts is Socket head cap screws. They are available with the normal size head but also come in a low head version which we used and is much neater looking. The head depth is about half the standard size. Not as popular, but worth looking for.

Cheers bud ill have a look the main thing i am concerned about is the steel bolts and the ally reacting together so instead if tapping the holes and threading the bolts in i think im going to use that aroldite stuff and glue them in so that the metals dont fuse together