G-Lader

Help on install

got the following

Pioneer DEHP835R

Alpine MRV250 V amp (2*50 RMS)

Kenwood WRC 8" active tube

Kenwood graphic with sub power/freq.

Focal 5.25" Mistral components

I want to mount the graphic in the shelf to the right and below the steering wheel.

Amp ideally under the passenger seat

Run new cable from the amp to the components

Drawn the map out on paper and Im not sure of the following :-

If the amp will fit under the passenger seat and allow the seat to still tilt?

Amp/tube/ power and headunit feed up battery side of car - ok

RCA from graphic up drivers side of car to centre - splitters then over to amp and continue up drivers side to tube in boot.

I need to run better cable from the amp to the doors? Should I try and do this down the centre console or back past the rca cables on the drivers side?

Also can i buy a capacitor that will cut the rear standard 4*6 speakers so no bass comes through or should i just disconnect?

Should I line the front doors opp. the mid range with dynamat or is this not needed?

The installer near me who seems to know his stuff quoted £160 (4 hrs) for the install,little tempted to bit the bullet and get him to install although I hate the idea of some bloke pulling me door panels and or sorts off!! Dont want any rattles etc and if I do it myself I know whats been done!

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Cant imagine the weight will decrease performance much??

Cheers

i cant even fit my hand under the seats on a raddo so how are you gonna fit an amp under there ?? :lol:

Yeah, I would never put an amp under the seat, especially because of all the problems people were having with wet carpets over the winter... The best place IMHO is screwed (or velcro'd) to the back of the rear bench.

Then you can run power cables down the midle of the car from front to back with a fuse near the battery and then signal cables down the passenger side (the drivers side carries the main loom)

Thats what I kinda thought,with the tilt mechanism youd have not chance.

Makes the install easier as well.

So power and remote turn on's (feeds) down the middle and speaker wire for the components down the passenger side,am I gonna be able to run RCA from graphic to amps in the boot down the drivers side or will the main loom interfere because power is running down it or because of space issues?

Thanks for your help

run the RCAs with the speaker cables and you should get no problems whatsoever... It's only the power that needs to be seperated. 8)

As Henny says and make sure you use good quality oxygen free cables, well sheilded to prevent any crosstalk and make sure you use the correct gauge cable and fuse for the amp! - also buy some black silicon sealant to use round the grommet when you put the power cable thru into the car.

almost finished the install, fitted the tweeters last night on brackets so ive just got to connect up the amps in the boot....

have not looked yet but anyone recommend a decent ground point in the boot using an existing hole/screw?

Thing im worried about is there are so many rca's (3) and general wires at the Eq that I think i might get interferance from them being up against the fuse block on the underside of the sterring wheel to the right? Guess I'll have to try it and see!

Left all the factory speaker wires/connectors in place and ran new ofc cables to the doors etc - easier than i thought,just need to be in a patient frame of mind and not rush.

Must say the Corrado's are screwed together really well, everything's gone back into place really well - door cards etc and there are no wires whatso ever showing so it looks like the factory speakers until you look in the boot.

Good move not putting the amps under the seat, if you could fit them (which I doubt) they would not get adequate vetilation under there and every time you ran them louder than a mouses whisper the thermal cut-out on them would deprive you of your audio enjoyment! :shock: ...............especially if youve got seat heaters in your C !!!! :roll:

Go careful if you make your own grounding point in the boot that you dont go all the way through the floor into the top of the petrol tank!............. :mad:

Sounds like youve gone about it in the right way as well, as everyone else has said RCA's and good OFC cable are ok together as theyre essentially the same signal just one of them is amplified. :)

The crucial thing is to keep all the power cables routed away on their own. :shock:

Leaving all the existing cables in situ is also a good move as it allows you to restore back easily should you wish to. :)

Good luck 8)