Sign in to follow this  
kevn

PCV

I have had a look around the site and introduced myself, now it's time for the inane questions :D

I have had a search for PCV problems but can't find a conclusive answer, my sons 93 VR6 hasn't got a PCV, just a pipe from rocker cover to inlet pipework, what year did they start fitting them?

Also if i fit a catch tank, can i block the pipe where the electrical connector sits on the nylon tube and keep the connector or do away with the connector alltogether?

TIA Kev

That pipe provides PCV, nothing was changed during production...

That connector doesn't actually do anything - if you pull it you'll see the plug it connects to is blank!

If you need any parts around that area try a Ford dealer - you can get a lot of seperate parts for the Galaxy VR6 where VW will only sell a complete assembly.

Thanks for the reply Supercharged, i did see that thread on my search, i just wanted to confirm my query, i actually did have a quick look at my sons car earlier, and the electrical connecter is indeed just a blank, so i can ignore that and just bung the pipe up and fit a catch tank, it made me think back to my old GSXR1100, i had a K&N crankcase vent filter on that, is there nothing similar for this application?

Thanks Kev