Sign in to follow this  
stevelawrie

wot other parts will fit a corrado

hi wondering if someone can help i have a 1989 corrado 1.8 16v and it failed the mot today now it needs a rear shock and some discs and pads. i've been told that the disc are the same as the golf and the shocks are the same as a passat is this true??? any help would be helpful.

has anyone had this fault before when my one gets upto temp it starts to splutter then cuts out completely and then u cant restart. leave it for 10 mins and its fine again

thanx guys steve

This is for questions/comments about the site.

Moving to Drivetrain as the majority of questions relate to that.

edit: yup, overlap there :)

have moved this to drivetrain as its mostly suspension/brakes and not a question about the site itself..

some parts are common to other cars yes (brakes in particular) but shocks and springs in standard form tend to be more specific to the car. are you looking to buy second hand, is that the reason for asking? obviously just buy the relevant bit for the corrado if you're buying new.

as regarding your cutting out issue, you're better off starting a separate thread in "engine bay" as people will look at the title of a thread when deciding whether to read a topic and if they'll be able to answer it.

obviously that would be after you've had a look to see if you cant find the subject having been discussed by anyone else in the past by using the search function. :salute:

good luck with fixing the bits that are causing trouble though.