Ben-B

Ben-B's Progress Thread - Aqua Blue VR6 with lots of extras!

Any updates Ben ?

Yeah there are Bill, but I've also started a new job last week so not had much time to get round to it, and I've only just got myself a new computer after the last one died.

In short... I've got the Comps fitted to the car, and I've got the 6-speed box.

I'll do a more detailed post, with pictures, soon, hopefully.

Haven't been any updates for a while due to breaking my laptop then starting a new job. Only just got round to updating, but not many pictures I'm afraid.

The Compomotive MO5s went on in the 2nd week of October. Big thanks to the local friendly Toyota mechanic who spent an hour swapping the tyres over for me in exchange for beers. The OZs were sold at the same time.

Unfortunately the other day due to parallel parking with a dirty side window & wing mirror, as well as the fatal combination of running late and being annoyed, I slightly clipped a kerb with the rear one already, but it's barely a mark on there so not too bothered.

I have now purchased the 6-speed Gemini Motorsport 6-speed box as well, which is sat in the garage. Just need a Helix paddle clutch and a billet flywheel then I've got the transmission sorted.

The other day, at some traffic lights on a hill I pulled the handbrake on and the whole mechanism came off in my hand, as one of the bolts pinged off the windscreen... still works, but the ratchet mechanism isn't fixed down to the car, so it's kind of awkward to get the handbrake off. Bought a spare mechanism and centre tunnel off Neil who's breaking his VR so will fit that when I get a chance, probably during my week off before xmas, as I don't have much free time before then, and it's not an urgent job.

And finally after playing petrol station roulette, I managed to get 411.4 miles out of the tank before I bottled it and stopped to fill up, only took low 60-something litres though so looks like I had more miles in the tank averaging nearly 30mpg including 15 miles a day to/from work on twisty country roads.

Pics will be posted as/when I can (be bothered)