Sign in to follow this  
Supercharged

VW builds 100,000th New Scirocco

Even after 9 months I still ain't fully at home with the shape. Some angles it looks odd. Others great. For me, I needed a new daily when the old Mk2 Scirocco blotted its copy book in May last year and was off the road for a month.... that was it!

Surprised you found it cramped compared to the Corrado, it feels much bigger to me. Too big sometimes. But the dark interior, that took some getting use to. Low spec cloth interior Scirocco (ie. non GT) come with light interior roof lining. Spec leather on the standard model (its a GT/R) and it goes black, what an ink pot!

Windows, yeah but they designed it for Portuguese weather. No one thought how it would freeze up in British or German winters. What a pain they were in January, especially if not setting off from home. If the windows don't drop out of the rubber seals, then the doors don't budge.

And rear visibilty - erm, they forgot about that!

Mk4 Scirocco ..... I don't think so when it arrives in 2014. Mk7 Golf MQB matrix chassis is being proposed.

Each to their own though ;)

Have another? Scheduled for 2013, hoping a run out Mk3 model special (Scirocco Storm??). Given the electrical problems the 2009 model appears to have generally even though it used the EOS underpinning, avoiding a Mk4 first year production may be wise.

its fundamentally a good car, and no uglier than half the rest of new cars today. does it need to be any more complicated than that?

I like that comparison, does it make all modern cars ugly :lol: , well almost all.

Simple solution: Rename it to Golf Minus or something :lol: and I will shut up. How would true Rado-fans feel about it being called a Corrado? There would be an outcry of foul-play etc. :wink:

Interesting to observe how potentially more Rado owners like this car then owners of Ur-Roccos.

Tempest