Sign in to follow this  
choumbie

Muffler Suggestions....please...

Alright, well...I bought my corrado a while back..and the dope that i bought it from had put a flowmaster truck muffler on it....and somehow he liked the way it sounded. I could put up with it when i was rebuilding the charger..but now that its back in the car, it gets loud awfully fast. So now im looking around for mufflers. Ive looked around for some websites that let you hear the mufflers.....havent been able to find any...Any ideas?

Im looking for an muffler that isnt as quiet as stock, but, a little louder...but nothing obnoxiously loud. Something that if i gas it, people cant hear it from a half mile down the road, but something that will hum at low/medium speeds, and sound normal at highway speeds....My neighbors tell me they can hear me start my car in the morning (idling), and they live down the road...Anyhow...If anyone can suggest something like this, ide greatly appreciate it.....Sorry about the long post.

I dont know what you mean by system...Do you mean a brand new exhaust and everything, or just the muffler part...Im on 17 and i cant really afford anything more than 200 bucks ha. Are there any supersprint mufflers for cheap? Any other ideas anyone?

I think what you mean by 'muffler' is what we call a 'back box' in this country. The answers yea you can get a Supersprint backbox for your corrado. There is a thread on here somewhere about a guy geting a new supersprint backbox, with pictures. I reckon you have a look round or search for that.

Do you know of any 'back boxes' that are medium loud when you gas it, and semi-quiet when your on the highway?

Possibly under $200?