Sign in to follow this  
ozziozmo

corrado various problems..please help!

Guys, need some help with my lovely Rado.

Its a 1990 g reg rado 16v with a g60 conversion (8v)

Failed mot on various things so need to get them sorted, heres my robs and would be very grateful for any help!

1.Headlights: Failed on no dip beam.....but there is a dip beam just not very bright! Renewed bulbs today and same affect....Also, how many main beam's are there? As when i put on main, the offside drivers side lights up the twin filament main and also the other bulb next to it....on the passenger side the dip beam goes dim and the other bulb doesnt light up? Ive replaced the twin filament bulbs tho? very confused

2. dash

the indicator signals dont come on dash but can hear the relay....the speedo doesnt work (not mot failure but mentioning anyway), the handbrake light doesnt work,also main beam light doesnt work as with mileage etc.But everything else does. So....do you think thid is a dash fault? as ive got a replacement to try and cure problem..... mfa also isnt working fully on mpg average speed etc, does this feed off the dash and could the dash cause all these problems?also...is my rear spoiler connected to dash? as doesnt go up over speed but does on the switch?also...when i activate wipers it sends my rpm counter a sharp spas rise then bk to normal.......this cant be right?

when i turn lights on, ....the green light illuminates for sidelights (on light switch).....but doesnt for headlights...this is when engine is running....when turn ignition off the light comes on in same position....when its left on dipped beam position,this normal?

3 handbrake

poor efficiency on handbrake.....handbrake to me works but have to yank to very top (which is 5 clicks) whats easiest way of adjusting as its only got 5 clicks in length?

4 blowing exhaust on downpipe..... cant find a cheap one anywhere and already bought one off ebay and that was cracked too, its blowing riht on the gay little flexi bit....cant believe these early 16v's have 4 boxes in total and one on the downpipe!! can any1 help source one?

also...just how thirsty are these lovely beasts....as mine is very thirsty......

just a few other things...rear wiper wont switch off once engine runnin...have to switch off then on again to turn off...

I also have a smaller pulley and a chip to fit, these easy fit? where do i get a shorter belt from? also power steering belt is squeeling but looks full adjustment but bolt is very stiff? new adjuster or just belt and slacken off adjuster?

please please guys help me out....will try upload some pics of her soon as im looking to get her mint then possibly sell if anyones interested.....has a real rare recaro electric fabric interior in in mint condition......

craig 07790 919405 [email protected]

thanks again guys....awesome forum

just a few other things...rear wiper wont switch off once engine runnin...have to switch off then on again to turn off...

When you turn the wiper on you push the stalk away from you to turn it off push it again and it will stop

na tried that it doesnt happen hehe.......

worth a try....must all be related with the other gremlins your having speedo etc sounds like things have been removed at some point and connected back correctly

will try the dash n see what hapens....can i swap the mileage part over do u know? please help peeps

Nope the mileage part is part of the clocks so if you put another set of clocks in it will show the mileage for that set of clocks

oh i was told i could swap the mileage part over if i stripped down....any help on other sruff?guys please help

I stand corrected if thats the case

Sorry to hear about your problems mate... It might be worth taking it to someone who can check your electrics. If you don't have the knowledge or tools to check then it'll be £30 - £40 well spent

You should be able to get the exhaust welded for ourond £20

The handbrake adjuster may need to be freed up & lubricated, get some WD40 & when the exhaust guy has it up on the lift get him to look at it for you

Around town you should get 25-30 mpg IIRC

Whatever way you look at it you're gonna have to spend another few pounds to get it sorted

Good luck with it

when i turn lights on, ....the green light illuminates for sidelights (on light switch).....but doesnt for headlights...this is when engine is running....when turn ignition off the light comes on in same position....when its left on dipped beam position,this normal?

Yes thats entirely normal, not sure why they're designed this way.

also...just how thirsty are these lovely beasts....as mine is very thirsty......

I can get 30mpg over the course of a tank from my G60. Thats with light-ish traffic with a few go fast moments :) I'm running a 68mm pulley and chip. What mpg are you getting?

I also have a smaller pulley and a chip to fit, these easy fit? where do i get a shorter belt from?

Talk to g-werks about getting a smaller belt, they do a range of sizes. Not sure how difficult the pulley is to fit but the chip is dead easy. Just swap the chips over in the ecu box. Think you'll need 3-legged puller to get the pulley off......

See here for the chip installation:

http://the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=67373

HTH

Pulley is easy to get off,you just need to hold the pulley with apporiate tool(i used large adjustable pliers to hold it,around the belt on the pulley makes it easy)

Take belt off

unscrew bolt on the pulley

,pulley off

,new pulley on(remember to make sure woodruff key is sitting in place)

,tighten pulley bolt

,new belt on

torque tighten the pulley bolt with belt on holding the pulley

Wash your hands,and great ready for so fun

OK tried lights today but no differnce...tried new dash no differnce so why isnt my speedo or my indicators working?everything else done apart from exhaust

whats the blue box on the back of dash for?

check the fuses , as when the fuse goes for either side it makes it look that way, one flahes ect,when main beaming, fuse box in behind the drivers side lower dash.

speedo,not sure but later vehicles has a pickup in the gearbox, id try and replace this with a known good one and test it, idicators, does the car have remote central locking/alarm? if so id try aa chase the wiring bk for this as most of the time the indicators flash with alarm ect, so it maybe wired into this, and would prevent them from working.

the indicators work fine on units its just the dash where the indicator light doesnt function to tell u when indicator is on,.....has a vw remote central locking alarm but has been disconnected apparantly???? has a seperate auto closure immobiliser

guys found part of the problem...think it was fuse 11, it controls the nearside main beam ansd the blue main beam bulb on dash!how strange!!!! but still best fit a new loom as bulbs still dull shouldnt i?

cant work out this dash problem!!! still cant get the indicator signals on dash to work or the speedo......heeeellllpppp