Sign in to follow this  
daniboy1_2_3

ECU`s

Hi there, im on the look out for an ECU and engine bay wiring loom for a Corrado G60 engine. Ill be using it in my mk1 golf gti 16V G60. I have noticed a few on ebay recently, one is very cheap and the other expensive and they both are supposed to be corrado g60 ecu`s. I also noticed that both have a different code. I know there is a bosch code and a vw code but niether matches. My question is are there more than one type of g60 ecu? does it matter which one i go for? Can anyone tell me what code numbers a corrado g60 ecu should have? thanks.

should be either :-

037 906 022B

037 906 022CP

037 906 022DP

037 906 022DQ

037 906 022EG

037 906 022EH

Good luck with the project mate

Some have slight differences(california emissions,aircon,ect.....),but all will work normal in your g60

Just stay away from the golf one,its setup to run different injectors and will overfuel a corrado

Ok thanks for the information. Its for a 16V G60 engine. Thats a lot of variants, i was just wondering if any would be more suited to what im doing but i guess if thay can all be chipped and mapped then it probably doesnt matter which i go for.

keep us updated on your 16vg60 project,im looking to do one too.But waiting til i get funds together :(

I most certainly will. Im still collecting the parts together at the moment. I have the car ready for the engine almost and i have a rebuilt KR block and a reconditioned KR head ready to be reassembled. All standard internals which i believe will be upto the job. I still need a charger, intercooler, ECU and loom, inlet manifold, gearbox and diff! so quite a way to go yet. On the upside i have managed to get hold of one of the Bahn Brenner integration kits whilst they did another limited run of them. I have been considering stand alone engine management but i think for now ill see what i can get out of the G60 ECU. It seems there is quite an art to setting these engines up and from what i have learnt its a bit of a battle getting the G60 ECU set-up spot on. I need to work out which injectors ill be using along with lots of other things. I just wanted to be sure that any G60 corrado ECU would be suitable for me.

There's also the issue witht BBM kits being for LHD drive cars. On RHD there is issue with either the clutch or brake setup getting in the way (can't remember which). Have a word with Yandards or Dirtytorque on here - they've both done one and might have some hints. Injector wise I'm using red tops on my 8V G60, and am putting out about 250bhp (1.9l conversion and somewhat fettled). Any higher than that and you'll need bigger injectors as I'm pretty much at max. Most people then jump up to 440cc ones, but that is a massive leap in size. Apparently there are some Saab Turbo ones that flow approx 370-380cc which would probably be ideal, but no one seems to know more about them when I ask further.

Thanks for the information. I dont think there is an issue with this kit being used in a mk1 golf gti as the brake servo is on the passenger side, this means the alternator can be relocated without any problems. There may be other problems i dont know about though and thanks for the contacts, ill definately give them a shout for some more info. I love the sound of the g lader and its still quite a rare engine conversion in a mk1 golf compared to 20 VT or 16V NA, just need to keep collecting parts and information. Im hopeing to have it on the road for next summer, i just need to concentrate on my corrado at the moment which is needing welding and paint.

Right that's good to know you're worrking on a mk1 not a Rado - hadn't seen that. You're welcome, and good luck with it.