philie

Uprated wiring loom HELP (AH COME ON SOMEONE PLEASE)

Hi guys,

Just a quick question has anyone got a pic of an uprated wiring loom fitted,the 2 relay one.I just need a couple of pics of which wires go were..Thanks in advance.

ANYONE im really stuck here my hids arent working which I think is from a drop in voltage and I need to get the car NCT irish equivilant of mot even if someone knows what colour wires are what would be a great help.I just cant understand these useless insrtuctions.

Ok car test failed can someone tell me if this is the correct wiring please.

Passenger side:

Dip Grey/Black

Dip Switch Grey/black

Main Black/white

Switch main Black/White

Drivers side:

dip Grey/red

dip switch Grey/red

Main White

Main swithch white.

Any help at all would be appreciated.

i think pics will help your cause mate

Ive wired them up like this but im not to sure its right.Hopefully someone will hook me up with a pic befor the re-test.

Ive wired them up like this but im not to sure its right.Hopefully someone will hook me up with a pic befor the re-test.

Did you get this sorted? I've got a few diagrams etc that I can send you if you want?

Jim

Did you get this sorted? I've got a few diagrams etc that I can send you if you want?

Jim

No mate still dont know if its wired correctly just need to know what colour wire the dip and main beam or for someone to confirm what ive wired is correct.The diagrams would help (I hope :confused4: )Thanks mate.

I found these somewhere but never got round to doing anything with them. They may, or may not help.

Thanks guys but I already had them.My problem is iv wired it in following the instructions found the wire with 12volts turn it off to make sure the voltage was gone it was and i tought it was all good but fo some reason I decided to re-check the voltages and there is 2 wires with 12 volts going to them when you have the dip or main beam on and I dont know which wire I should of actually connected to or does it matter as long as you connect to 1 of the wires that show the 12 volts I presume that one of them go's over to the opposite headlight.

Think im right in thinking the wiring for main beam sends 12v to both the dipped and main bulb, where as dipped only sends a 12v to the dipped beam bulb. The 3rd wire should send a feed to the sidelight bulb and the 4th being an earth. I've just finished making my loom and started fitting it tonight so let me know if you need any help...got a few questions myself actually!

Have people running a 4 relay system bunched all the relays in one spot and ran wire to feed the bulbs or split the relays to be behing each light and run a longer power feed? Im thinking a longer power feed will be best to save on running a longer signal wire from the headlight as well as a 12v feed....

Also has anyone replaced the small sidelight bulb with an LED?

Have people running a 4 relay system bunched all the relays in one spot and ran wire to feed the bulbs or split the relays to be behing each light and run a longer power feed? Im thinking a longer power feed will be best to save on running a longer signal wire from the headlight as well as a 12v feed....

Also has anyone replaced the small sidelight bulb with an LED?

I'm gonna go one better and run cable back to inside the cabin where I'll put the relays...no need to waterproof them then (biggest problem with doing this conversion)

I do have the entire car in bits and the loom out at the minute which does help though :lol:

Yeah not a bad idea, i've insulated all the terminal with heat shrink including the relay pins, going to build a small container to house the relays as well. Are people running wires from the trelays to the existing wires on the back of the headlight plug or using thicker wire and connecting to the bulbs directly?

Think im right in thinking the wiring for main beam sends 12v to both the dipped and main bulb, where as dipped only sends a 12v to the dipped beam bulb. The 3rd wire should send a feed to the sidelight bulb and the 4th being an earth. I've just finished making my loom and started fitting it tonight so let me know if you need any help...got a few questions myself actually!

Im not to sure when the main beams and the dip beams are on there are two wires showing 12 volts so hopefully it doesnt matter which ones you connect to.Have a look at my second post for the wires I spliced into.