Sign in to follow this  
A5 VRX

Fitting rear disc shields

Straight forward job or any things that i should know to help me? Any special tools required for it?

Thanks

Adam

Nothing special other that socket sets etc, i would though change all the bolts and the washers that hold them on for the sake of a few quid.

it can be a pain removing the ABS sensors more than anyting though! :wink: a nice theraputic job in my opinnion. :grin:

Cheers Kip, yeah would be doing the bolts as well, do it well do it once an all!

Cheers for the help

AJ

when i attempted to fit mine i found the old one had rusted completely and couldn't get the screws out so that knackered it for me..

And we like to give them a few more coats of paint as what's on there doesnt last all that long.

Plus Kip says file off the sharp corner near where the brake caliper fits... He's forever catching things on that when giving stuff a good clean.. either cloth or skin.

i found i had to modify mine a little when fitting, genuine vag items to.

a trick advised by riley off here, use plusgas and a little gentle persuasion from an appropriately sized socket and hammer to remove the seized abs sensors.

Just prise them off gently with a large bladed screwdriver, bit of a wire brush and jobs a good un ready for new discs :wink: