Sign in to follow this  
adolf1976

leaking roof

hi all.

After all the rain ive got a wet drivers footwell. Have traced it back as far as its coming down the a pillar from wot seems to be the front of the screen. it runs down a pillar then thru dash. Pass the fuse board and into footwell. Have anyone else ever had this. It looks like previous owners have plowed a load of mastic along side of screen but to no avail

please help

sounds like ive gotta take the linin off then eh.

Been a bad week for the C. Heater controls broke but have been repaired. Abs light stays on. Thought it had two mths mot left its got two weeks. Now needs brakes all round and the leak sorted. Four wheel allignment needed and at least two tyres and a smell of fuel when i turn it off. I think it may come off the road soon or im selling my n97 for funds.

Check all the cables/grommets that run into the cabin. From personal experience, I traced a leak from where the bonnet cable enters the car (next to the wiper motor). the grommet had become loose and allowed water in behind the fuse box.

Another one could be the drivers side sunroof connector pipe could be blocked.

There's quite a lot of potential leak areas so you may have to strip quite a lot back in order to locate it.

Have you had the car apart or carried any recent work out that may have displaced something ???

no car has not been apart. It has had a bit of water in drivers footwell now and again but after the downpour it was soaked. Seen water runnin down inside the a pillar and traced it as far as behind the drivers sun visor. Havent taken roof lining off yet to investigate further. Thinking about it car was parked on a drivers side camber when it peed down.

Thinking about it car was parked on a drivers side camber when it peed down.

What's your sunroof seal like ?

If it's leaking badly then there may be too much water for the sunroof guttering to deal with. Head linings a 20 min job at most. Once that's out I'm sure you'll spot the leaky bit !

yep

headling out. Drivers sunroof channel snapped off bodged repair. Same for pass rear. Actually had two leaks!!!!!

Sealed up with silicone. Out breakers tomorrow sunroof is no good anyway