Sign in to follow this  
g60 supercharger

c g60 cut out during driving???

hi okay it started last week when i was on the motorway it just cut out will i was doing bout 70 i still had lights on? i try to start it it would'nt and then tired to jump it still would'nt after slowin down to bout 40 it just stated?? its happened a few times but only for a second then it comes back on?

yestheday it happened again but it would'nt start up again got it towed to the garage and they have no idea whats wrong with it?

apparley theres no power going to the coil they think theres somthing wrong with the imoboliser?

some please help me :cry:

Usual thing when this happens it is either the ECU relay or the Fuel pump relay - replace them both (about £20 from VW). Have a serach on here, comes up quite often.

As above very common faults, ignition switch is another one.

When mine did this it seemingly turned out to be a bad connection at the ecu. Get the garage to check the power to pin 25, assuming its digifant 1.

Open the ecu and check the two small screws inside are still in place and tight, this can cause a bad connection.

Failing that take your immobiliser out, mark the cables with masking tape and write on the tape what colour cable it came from. I marked whether it came from top or bottom. Then just recconect with some 2.5mm singles and choccy block. Need to solder if your keeping it off but for testing its fine.