Sign in to follow this  
Matt@OCD

G60 ongoing running problem

Right from the start, iv put a g60 from a rado into my mk2 golf '89 driver.

It ran fine when first started but idle was rougher than should be, would bounce abit then rest the sometimes backfire and struggle to rev for a little bit. This engine eventually melted a piston due to pre ignition while I was fiddling with things.

Iv got another engine in that crank pulley came loose on and mushed end of crank, iv swapped crank from blown engine into this, everything fine and nice and all torqued up.

Got it running tonight and it's same as original, idle abit rough, unplug blue temp sensor and revs pick up and then it bounces from 1200-1000 rpm.

When driving it misses upto 3-4k then picks up and shoots off, drive it with temp sensor unplugged and it goes fine all way through but flat spots around 5k sometimes, also seems abit down on power but it does have CTN box on so don't know if that effects it?

It's got a 3.1 bar aftermarket fuel pump, 3 bar fpr with green injectors, wideband lambda reading 7.4 but I think iv set it up wrong, 4 branch with 2 boxes other than that it's standard with pretty much all new parts. Ignition timing is 6btdc.

Iv tried ecu's but made no difference and now I'm starting to think it's my own wiring, ecu relay feed?

Anyone got any ideas???

sounds quite possible the lambda is causing the running problems.

id get it set up correctly before splashing cash on random new parts.

Well when unplugged from the control unit for it it made no real difference which is why i didn't look into it earlier but I think I'm gonna try it, cheers