Sign in to follow this  
DanVW

Fan intake grill removal?

At long last!! Blissfull silence when turning the fan on just in time for winter too! :clap: an as the fan motor was only marginally more expensive than a tank full of petrol I cant see why I left this so long.. The only thing I have left to do is remove the intake grill and replace the seals between it and the chassis, anyone got some hints on how it comes off, I pushed pulled and levered but to no avail and I don't want to break any of the brittle plastic :( the bit I'm trying to get off is in the attached picture.

I also discovered the ECU earth lead floating around unsecured after I had the ECU replaced by a well known garage on here.. Not impressed considering I also had to remove and refit the Boost hose they didn't fit properly either :roll:

Cheers

Dan

yes, you only have to remove the bolts, and then pull the grill aside. it shouldn't konan force btw..

why not replacing it with a pollen filter+housing? I got mine off ebay at 60€ including two filters. the seller was "golf_girl"

:-( I don't see any bolts or screws on mine, looks to be held in place with three flat topped plastic clips? Looks like the clip (#2 in the pic) needs to be pushed/pulled or lifted to allow the housing to slide out to the side.

Dan

can't you just slide it in any direction?

sorry I had no clips in mine...

or you may also have it siliconed to chassis??

Pull the clip at 2 on the diagram out, think you need to do both of them, then the whole assembly should move sideways and then lift out.