Sign in to follow this  
James_tulley

G60 temperatures

Standing in traffic mine will go up to 108 ish, ragging the tits off it about 120ish.

The golf use to go up to 130 which wasnt good, heater matrix gave up when the engine turned off.

Should hopefully be steady around 100 normally though. Oil cooler is the way forward on a g.

As has been said really, they seem like normal temps.

When I fitted a oil cooler, my temps never went above 106, and that was a hot day and a very hard drive.

My water temp is very stable at 80, up to 100 max when idling/queuing, and immediately drops to 80 when cruising again. Doesn't go over 100, think that's when the fan kicks in at full.. That's with a low temp thermostat I fitted for some reason..

Running an external oil cooler (16row narrow model with thermostat sandwich), so the oil is also very stable at 80, unless I'm cruising at over 3k revs for 30min+, then it's up to 90-100 max.

My water temp was just about what you had earlier, but then I emptied the system and flushed it completely with loads of clean water, through the radiator and through the coolant reservoir for ages until only clear water was coming out. Made a world of difference. :)

Sorry to sound miserable but I think the 'what temp should my [insert model of Corrado] run at' threads are more than plentiful on here.

Just need to use the advanced search (see how kind I am, here's a link: http://www.the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/search.php) for something like:

+g60 +oil +temp*

Exactly as I've written ... and then tick Engine Bay forum and select topics rather than posts.

Et voila.