Sign in to follow this  
adolf1976

not a c.but in need of help

hi all.

My c is off the road :( awaiting a tyre for mot :pale:

but anyway the other halfs vw sharan failed mot friday. Emissions and front upper strut mount. Simple i thought new top mount and bearing and a lamda . Went to do top mount today and found the whole top part of the strut rusted majorly . The nut has become one with the thread and is no way moving.

I know its gonna need cutting or somethin any ideas ?

Garage advised wife it was the lamda causing the emissions and she went and brought one. I havent picked it up yet. Could it be anything else :confused4: car has been a bit sluggish then quickly picking up latelty.

Oh its a 2l 8v y reg

You can put a bit of heat on the nut(oxy/acete torch or similar) which usually works if you know someone with one.or lots of loctite freeze and release spray.or find breakers nearby(easiest and better option cause strut is screwed anyway)

Have you serviced the car recently?spark plugs,air filter,oil,oil filter?worn lambas usually overfuel so your fuel compustion would be worse than normal.

the heater can go bad in them too,easiest way to find out is start your car from cold and after 30 seconds if the exhaust smells of fuel it very well may be the lamba or lamba heater seen better days.its just a guide but it may help.there could more than one problem