Sign in to follow this  
Big Adam

Adaptor size for D90's HELP

i know that this question has been asked millions of time but to set my mind at rest can someone please tell me what size adaptors they are runnin on their D90's

they are 7" up front and 8" at the rear

will be running 195 45 16 tyres all round

running quite low (well i say quite but some would say very!)

from what i gather 30mm or 35mm will do the job

i want to keep the ride hight low so what size would give best arch and strut clearance, 30mm or 35mm :confused4:

pics would be nice to if people have any :shrug:

have a look through my members gallery, im running 8'j's all round with a 25ml adaptor, i have no arch issues whatsoever and am running 205/45/16's.. theyll be coming off soon for my other wheels but ill be running them on 195/45/16's when they go back on.. however ill prob use slightly wider adaptors.

i tihnk a 7 with a 30ml adaptor and 195/45/16 will be ok though im not completely sure you wouldnt get any arch rub on the rear running 8j and 30ml adaptor.

On my 16v I've got 8s all round.

195/40s on the lot of them. Adapters wise I'm using a 30mm set on the front and 35mm set on the back. Rears are dead in line with the arch but I've rolled them slightly so I can still be low. Hope that helps. :)

slightly related, but do you need to get new porshe specific wheel bolts to run porsche wheels?? or will normal vw ones do??

im using 35mm adaptors on my 7j 928's

slightly related, but do you need to get new porshe specific wheel bolts to run porsche wheels?? or will normal vw ones do??

im using 35mm adaptors on my 7j 928's

im trying to find that out aswel mate :brickwall: have you found out that one yet? ?

With mine i use the bolts that my H&R adapters came with. I'm sure standard VW seat bolts would be ok, as thats what they look like to me. Best thing to do is ring Porsche. :lol: