Sign in to follow this  
Fulltimejunglist

Hazard switch

ive orderd a mk4 golf hazard switch as mine was playing up getting stuck all the tie plus im missing the little plastic bit over the led, i looked at the back of my mates, there are 8 wires attatched, the one on my car 1.8 16v has 7 and im sure 2 are indicators and one is the horn, not sure what the rest are any help would be of use please...

The plug which attatches to the bottom fo the steering wheel on my car has 7 wires attatched, does anyone happen to know which are which and what i would need to do to remove my old one and fit the new one.

When i connect the wires to eatch other one does hazards, one does right indicator, one left and one for the horn as i can touch the wires together and it beeps..... also if anyone knows what the others do it would help me alot.

At the moment i cant do anything as ive taken the wires out of the plug so i could fit the new one but its seemingly harder than expected.

Sorry people.

Help is much appreciated.

Cheers, Aidan

Am i right in thinking that the black/white and the black/green are the indicators black/green/white are hazards, brown and blue is the horn

There is a grey and a red/grey which im not sure what they do...

I think the red and grey may be a live (Not sure)

I can get the hazards to work on one side of the car only

With the indicators and hazard wires the hazards work off the new switch but the indicators dont work...

Would i have to rewire a second set for the indicators on the plug which is on the steering wheel or is there a way of having the new hazard switch working with my hazards also working....

Someone must have looked at/moved the hazard switch in a car before or know how too?

Please help im getting very annoyed with wires...