Sign in to follow this  
gumby80

new g60, HELP ,please....

Hi all,

I've just bought my first 'rrado,at last. She's a '91 G60 wiv 98k on the clock. I would appreciate some advice.

I have no evidence of the charger being rebuilt so this is my first port of call,along with smaller pulley and chip from G-werks. It will be my daily drive so would like an increase in power without ruining reliability.so hopefully the above will see to that.

My problems are: I would like to run a bigger oil cooler but am unsure how many rows or where's the best/easiest place to mount it?

It bein a '91,does it mean there's a cat? I've had a quick look underneath and cant see anything.

The reason i ask is i need a complete zorst,i dont want anything silly but do want stainless steel,would you guys recommend off the self like magnex etc or custom made powerflow etc?

Any recommendations most welcomem i live in north manchester area if anyone wants to recommend any suppliers.

Thanks, Ric

Welcome to Rado ownership. Oil coolers, can go in fron of and slighly below the rad. On a pretty much standard G60 13 or 16 row and 6 inch long should be fine. Get a thermostatic plate one otherwise the oil will take for ages to heat the oil up. Talk with G-werks and they should be able to supply something suitable.

Exhausts wise up north - JP in Macclesfield they made mine - good quality if a little boomy. My fault there though I went for 2.5" for a G60, even a modded one which IMO is too big. 2.25" is more than OK especially if not heavily modded. Also Pipewerx up there are good exhaust makers. It may have a cat, but doesn't need it for the MOT as it's old enough to get away with it.

thanks, i'll talk to g-werks again, gonna give the guy at pipewerx a call aswell.

Thanks for the offer on the chip n pulley but im looking for new parts and will probably end up gettin a load of stuff from g-werks, hopefully with some sort or warranty and maybe discount... :confused4: