Sign in to follow this  
C5 OEM

Bored with this title changing

No Paul, can't get near a realistic price for monies spent a time and effort, so decision made it stays, booked into body shop today for the roof work I wanted doing, then cover up for a while and start enjoying again.

I wondered which Mod would crack first and edit the thread title :lol:

:hitler: :wave: :shock: 8) :lol: :tongue: :| :gag: :notworthy: :nuts: :p :camp:

It wasn't me btw but I'm not sure I could have slept tonight until it was amended .... but I'm not saying which Mod did crack :grin:

No Paul, can't get near a realistic price for monies spent a time and effort, so decision made it stays, booked into body shop today for the roof work I wanted doing, then cover up for a while and start enjoying again.

You know it makes sense though Jim in the long run, you'll be glad you didn't come spring! Hope you can make the 16th :wave:

I wondered which Mod would crack first and edit the thread title :lol:

:hitler: :wave: :shock: 8) :lol: :tongue: :| :gag: :notworthy: :nuts: :p :camp:

It wasn't me btw but I'm not sure I could have slept tonight until it was amended .... but I'm not saying which Mod did crack :grin:

:sleeping:

Can honestly say there has only been one moment into my Corrado ownership where I thought I'd made a mistake. Was 2 days after I'd bought my first one and it started spewing coolant all over the place. Thought I'd bought a dud and was screwing.

Once I got that sorted I've never looked back, can't see myself owning anything else. It's always been my daily and I suppose I can see myself retiring it for weekend use only in the future but can't see myself ever getting rid of it. In between my first and my current VR6 I had a polo GTi for a year and there wasn't a day when I wasn't looking around for a new C.

I constantly get bored with my cars, the longest Ive owned one is a year and a half and that was my old green VR. My current one does have that grin factor when I take it out but Im always thinking of "what next" if Im honest.

Your'e right Kip, you do get well fed up with them, its the constant striving for that perfection, but it being a car it wears and get scratched or paint chips when you take em out each time, so its bound to have an effect such as you have at the moment, you just cant achieve what you are trying to do, so use it a tad more and enjoy the driving as apposed to the striving mate.!

amen to that sir - very well summed up. With this in mind, I've the VR going in to get list of annoying niggles sorted.

Rear bearings / squeaking/rubbing noise / mini service

If, after getting her back, more stuff starts going wrong again in say the lead up to Christmas, it might be time to commence 'Operation S3' :ignore:

Granted, the car is 15yrs old, put I don't drive it alot, I treat it very well and I don't think it's asking to much for it to get through 2 or 3 months without stuff continually going wrong. I'm pretty sure one/or both of the door locks are about to snap :brickwall:

Don't get me wrong - I reckon I'll never have the same special feeling with any other car (bar 911 :lol: ), but it's really coming down to cash. Head over heart time :(