Pete

Pete's VR - SOLD

Hi guys, noticed since the spray I'm getting wet foot wells. Any advice on where to check? I assume the idiot has painted over/in the gutters somewhere but I don't know where they are.

Please help!

rear or front footwell ?

1. Have you checked your door membrane to make sure it is fully sealed.

2. All the badges at the rear needs to have a blue gromit to stop water going into the boot aswell.

Hi, seems to be mainly in the front and in the centre.

I just spent the evening taking the carpet up and it's the sound deadening that's wet. Can't feel much in the rear wells at all. The door membranes aren't totally sealed but the bottom of the cards etc is bone dry???

Not tackled the badge I got fed up in the end I'll look tomorrow.

Sunroof drains look clear, and I made sure the windscreen seal is good.

And other ideas?

Edited by Pete

From the scuttle area in engine bay? Something might of been fitted wrong after the paint

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

I guess I'll have to look there next. If I had to guess it looks like its coming from behind he dash but can't be sure

Is the foliage cover in the scuttle sealed properly.

The seal on mine was like a biscuit and literally snapped off in bits. I was getting water in near the centre tunnel as it would run through the heater box and trickle out of the foot vent. A quick trip to B&Q for some draft excluder foam seal and it's water tight again.

Jay

Looks like a mesh box and if you open the bonnet and look under the plastic tray up in the scuttle area you will find it.

It may be piled up with leaves which can also cause the water to overflow into the heater box giving the symptoms you describe. Don't have any pics to hand but someone will post one.

haha yea my mesh box was covered in leaves, also suprised to see no filter element there? wondered why i had stupid amounts of bits and dust comming through the blowers all the time, all sorted now though..

Hi guys been looking again and during all of today's rain and sleet the car seems ok. Dehumidifier dried it overnight. Starting to wonder if it's been left With our ajar or seals out and got wet at body shop?

Looks like we are onto the solution (I hope). The membrane seal on in both doors looked to be patchy at the bottom and the top window rubbers had been put back but didn't really push against the glass. Tried the hosepipe on it this morning and can't see anything so unless it's got anything to do with wind blowing the water etc I hope to have cracked it. Thanks for the advice!

Ive just sorted mine out yesterday as i had a puddle in the footwell so your not the only one!

Silicion or simailar sealant(i used loctite 5910 as it seals anything,used for sump gasket too) on the seal,no more leaks.

I sorted that dust and pollen problem while back and its an easy fix.

Go to any DIY store,tescos,etc and look for kitchen extractor fan filter mesh.Its usually white and you can cut it to any size costs £1.Take the filter housing out,measure the size of the top, cut to size,then tape it on or use a thick rubber band (perfer tape as it stays on and you can change it anytime).i dont care how it looks as you cant see it anyway under plastic water diverter.

Replace the housing cover and be happy to know that every time you turn the fan on,you wont be pelted with leaves,dust or any crap that gets sucked in.

On the downside you,ll lose 5-20% airflow depending on how thick the filter is!mine is quite thin,more of a prefilter.

hope it helps

Minor update again,.had a new screen fitted to sort the leak and taxed it so been an expensive month. Looking at getting a longlife exhaust but will have to wait til after payday...

Gave the car its first wash of the new year, and a coat of chemical guys xxx hardcore paste. Couple of weeks and the summer 17's will be back on.

Never used it before but well impressed with how easy it was to use and ultimately how good it is for giving the paint depth and mirror like shine. Also seems to give a back to black finish to any bits of trim it touches.

First picture is actually in the bonnet!!!

f640f82a.jpg

e3587482.jpg

e57973c0.jpg

483a2d95.jpg

daac505a.jpg

ad7ae319.jpg

Edited by Pete

BMC installed, I'm using a rubbish rubber hose and the bracket is tiny. I got a silicone one and a new strap bracket on order will change them when they arrive.

Loving the noise with my standard exhaust. Around town and idling its 100% as before, but on full throttle it sounds sensational.

:-)

2012-03-03130302.jpg

Edited by Pete

Bit oh update housekeeping to do.

Clear side repeaters are now on, along with heater illumination which actually works!!!

2012-07-15002813.jpg

Replaced the bulb with led strips and a resistor for the brightness.

You can see the right hand side despite the pic.

Edited by Pete

Suspension finally on, really pleased with the comfort of the weitecs but need a little raising as the tyres at the back are catching.

2012-07-26165722.jpg

2012-07-26165744.jpg

2012-07-26165733.jpg

2012-07-26165809.jpg