Sign in to follow this  
iain stevenson

Air to Fuel Guages

Hi,

I was just wondering what would be the best air to fuel guage for my corrado G60,

Short band or wide band? not 100% sure, any information would be great

thanks,

Iain

But for a gauge wouldn't a wide band be bettter? You could weld in the boss for it into the exhaust and wire it into the gauge and that way you can keep the standard one in place for the ECU to read

If you want cheap get a narrowband (ive got an auto-gauge LED one here if you want it £20 posted) simply give it an ignition switched +12v positive and -12v negative and connect its input into the purple wire on the stock sensors plug.

or for accurate readings get a wideband set up.

With a wideband you can remove the stock o2 sensor and replace it with the wideband sensor as most wideband systems have a simulated narrowband 0 - 1v output to connect to the cars original ecu. Aftermarket ecu's are different as they can read wideband output 0 - 5v. This is what i did on my 91 G60 with stock digifant ecu:

Removed stock sensor and replaced it with bosch 4.2 wideband sensor (same size thread as my original sensor) Chopped the old sensor plug off the loom and pulled the red/white +12v feed and the black 2 core (purple and black inside) out of the engine bay loom and pulled them back into the car above the fuse board. I used the +12v red/white to power the wideband controler, the black wire (inside the 2 core cable) to the wideband controlers -12v negative and also connected to the cars earth and the purple wire (again inside the 2 core cable) connected to the simulated narrowband output on the wideband box to send a 0 - 1v siganl to the ecu. By using the red/white +12v the wideband turns on only when the cars engine starts up and it is also fused via the ecu. It is better to use the old sensors +12v as its not good to have the wideband start up without the engine running which will happen if connected to an ignition switched +12v

But remember if you do it that way and you later sell the car the wideband will have to stay in unless you re-install the narrowband and its wireing.

Hope that helps.

This is excellent news; I didn't know that there was a narrowband output in some of these. It's always put me off fitting one because of the idea of having to drill the exhaust and fit a boss to put a wideband in alongside the existing narrowband. I also read that the sensor needs to be powered every time the engine runs to prevent rapid damage and failure, and the idea of crawling under the car to screw it in or out depending on whether I want to use it for tuning or not was a major turn-off!

Now you've got me thinking about it again G60_Marc, thanks. Any idea whether the LC1 or LM1 kits have an appropriate sensor for this?

Didn't know that either! That's cool then, save the hassle of drilling and welding if the pipe's still on the car

if you have a aftermarket ecu,by all means use wide band youll get maximum tunning ability with it.im saving up to run dta s60 with wideband, egt, crank trigger, wasted spark system(or coil on pack),maybe if i have enough patience a drive by wire system.

but putting and wideband sensor on a narrow band system is just a waste of money tbh as your only getting the 0-1volt switching(same as stock one).