Sign in to follow this  
VR6 Lee

vr6 storm... bargain or not(UPDATED 14TH OCT)

Will post up during the day!!

Hopefully whilst not driving at the same time :lol:

Though that would be some trick to do that.

Probably still trying to get past Manchester. I hear an Mway is shut all weekend!!

Finally home.... what a long day but finally got hold of the VR6 Storm!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

05:00 until 18:00 and 700miles travelled...yawns!!!!!

Car didn't miss a beat on the way back, put a list together on the way back of things that don't work so will have to get them looked at soon as but overall happy with the purchase. Only downside was me trying to fill up the car at BP when after £20 worth of juice the auto lever thing clicked off so had to put it in slow, was looking at bro and next thing all the petrol is seeping into my trainers... not impressed at all, didnt help that Jon was laughing his head off

Photos of car in Scotland (Look closely and you will see Jon_vr6's head against the passenger window. Passenger door won't unlock so Jon had to get in the drivers side... was funny to see him struggling..haha :grin: :grin:

4db7adc8.jpg

And now in Manchester

8c869ecd.jpg

81a29238.jpg

c0f70670.jpg

Sound like you had a bit of a roadtrip...Glad you got her home safely...now you have 2 corrado storms within the same family wow !

Sound like you had a bit of a roadtrip...Glad you got her home safely...now you have 2 corrado storms within the same family wow !

I know, It was funny seeing both the Storms on our parents drive.... Not everyday you'll see that

Well Day started off with getting the 6.33am train from Manchester to Glasgow Central, couple of pics from the train, i hate trains :sleeping:

P1000558.jpg

P1000561.jpg

Arrived at Glasgow for 9.45am

P1000570.jpg

P1000571.jpg

And had to pay 30p to take a slash robbing gets, any way picked car up and made our way to Glasgow down some crappy roads and onto the motorway

P1000572.jpg

P1000573.jpg

On way got thumbs up from a Motorbike rider and a passing wave from a Vw golf owner

All was well till we hit traffic and Lee got stressed out lol

P1000581.jpg

P1000580.jpg

Made it to the Border

P1000584.jpg :clap: :clap:

P1000587.jpg

And through the Lake district back to Manchester beautiful scenery

P1000593.jpg

P1000603.jpg

P1000605.jpg

P1000604.jpg

P1000610.jpg

And back home Safe

P1000632.jpg

Spent a bit of time today doing a few bits on the rado plus clearing the garage out so it is kept warm..lol

>Clean

> Plugged ABS sensor in light stayed on, but now after a quick run down the a34 in it it works fine!!

> Stereo removed

> Looked at driverside wing mirror as it wasn't working yesterday, put wing mirror in and then back out and now works...very strange

> Annoying thing though was it started first time but instantly stalled, re-started reved it a bit and was ok.

Some pics

Plugged black plug in at back as it was disconnected, ABS light stayed on but now it works fine!!!

66c80d7d.jpg

6d305b62.jpg

Nice clean interior(Looks amazing)

c596443c.jpg

Took spare tyre out and give nice clean to see if i could see anything worrying

1b1cfff6.jpg

Cleaned around the petrol cap as it was full of gunk

b9a87f59.jpg

And nicely away in the garage awaiting further work

ba73ad58.jpg

What a fun day!!!!!! Now for a beer I think

Wasnt it the passenger wingmirror that wasnt working??

Also when you put the ignition on does the ABS light come on then go off ?

yeah your right my mistake, passenger side now working

Just checked abs again and it works, but as you said may go on after driving it a bit.

I loved the journey pics. A touch more scenic than my trip - a train trip from Bracknell to Chelmsford will never feature on the Great Rail Journeys in the World :lol: . It will be interesting to see what a bit of brotherly competition does.

I loved the journey pics. A touch more scenic than my trip - a train trip from Bracknell to Chelmsford will never feature on the Great Rail Journeys in the World :lol: . It will be interesting to see what a bit of brotherly competition does.

HAHA!!!

Nah Jon_vr6 has been quiet helpful up to now but we will see 6 months down the line. Jon_vr6 uses his as a daily while mine will be tucked away in the garage until next week when we will start doing some little jobs like getting the passenger door to open.

Two Mystic Blue Storms in the family? A bit greedy are you not? :tongue:

Congrats!

Just hoping now that our sis will get the 3rd but I can't see it as she likes Fords..