Sign in to follow this  
richlyons

1.8 valver not starting

k-jet is extremely reliable, I wouldn't ditch it just because you haven't checked if the second hand components you fitted are duff too, without checking fuel pressure you are just stabbing in the dark.

Carbs will give you more trouble without a doubt, and to top that you'll drink twice as much fuel.

Still yet to see any carbed 16v's make the power claims people band about, they're always 'nearly finished' :lol:

I've got a fuel-pressure test kit that will fit a K-jet, but am in Sheffield...

Have you tried checking that fuel is coming out of the line going into the metering head from the pump, with the ignition on and fuel relay bridged (yeah, make sure you have something to catch the fuel to hand and disconnect the coil just in case)

If it is coming through okay it indicates the main fuel pump is working okay.

where abouts in sheff mate?

i would prefer to get it running on kjet but ive had 3 cars now with it on and ive had nothing but issues with it every time! so im just fed up with it.

im still planing on carbing it but i do need it running soon and moneys a bit tight atm :(

You can, when you say you're sorting out a lift, do you mean just for you or your car as well?

If you need to take the kit away I would need a £100 deposit (fully refunded when it is brought back), plus your name and address - it may sound harsh, but it's a pricey piece of kit and I need to get it back! Alternatively, if you know anyone on here who is a regular poster and who can vouch for you, that would make me feel a lot better.

just a thought,dont wanna make myslef look stupid,and i havent read the whole post or anything, but have you replaced the fuel filter, a blocked fuel filter would def cause a non start condition,

just a thought,dont wanna make myslef look stupid,and i havent read the whole post or anything, but have you replaced the fuel filter, a blocked fuel filter would def cause a non start condition,

not sure if i said but yer its had a new filter on

was the filter genuine? ive heard stories of aftermarket fuel filter causing running issues, but i suppose if it was like this prior to replacing the filter, then thats unlikely the problem

You can, when you say you're sorting out a lift, do you mean just for you or your car as well?

If you need to take the kit away I would need a £100 deposit (fully refunded when it is brought back), plus your name and address - it may sound harsh, but it's a pricey piece of kit and I need to get it back! Alternatively, if you know anyone on here who is a regular poster and who can vouch for you, that would make me feel a lot better.

i under stand what you mean, ive not been on here long so dont realy know anyone.

im going down the bike carb route now for deffo so dont need to borrow it anymore, thanks for the offer though :clap:

got the carbs set up and the manifold is gonna be ready by the weekend :D :D :D

was the filter genuine? ive heard stories of aftermarket fuel filter causing running issues, but i suppose if it was like this prior to replacing the filter, then thats unlikely the problem

im not sure on the brand but i got it from my local vw parts place and ive never had any problems with his stuff before