Sign in to follow this  
pbradley98

Some random Corrado questions!

Hi, just had a few random questions that I'm curious about as to whether they're well known Corrado "features" :D as follows!

Headlights - if you flash the lights when the lights are off, when you turn them on they come on with full beam!

Windows - you can only ever put one window up or down at a time and if you try to do both at once they both stop completely!

Heater dials - don't have any illumination so they're impossible to see at night (although guessing this could be a bulb that's gone and if so anyone know if it's easy to replace, as I hear complete heater matrix controls are expensive to replace!)

Any thoughts (or observations of other random design features) welcome!

Cheers

Phil

Headlights.. yes, it's a real pain isn't it. You need to perfect the art of squeezing the main beam stalk just enough to flash them but not actually click it to engage it. It's difficult but it can be done :) Alternatively flash someone and then wait till there's no-one coming towards you again and flash them again to unclick the main beam switch!

Windows - yep, just crap system for the windows means only one works at a time! All Corrado's are like this sadly.

Heater dials - yeah, sounds like a bulb has gone. I *think* the bulb is behind the centre rotary dial.. it just pulls off and can be replaced. A new one is pennies from the VW dealer :)

Hi, just had a few random questions that I'm curious about as to whether they're well known Corrado "features" :D as follows!

Headlights - if you flash the lights when the lights are off, when you turn them on they come on with full beam!

Windows - you can only ever put one window up or down at a time and if you try to do both at once they both stop completely!

Heater dials - don't have any illumination so they're impossible to see at night (although guessing this could be a bulb that's gone and if so anyone know if it's easy to replace, as I hear complete heater matrix controls are expensive to replace!)

Any thoughts (or observations of other random design features) welcome!

Cheers

Phil

Headlights ---you have just pulled the stalk too far and clicked them onto the full beam position. :)

Windows--- Yeah they do that :(

Heater controls----Yeah there is a bulb in there, easy enough to replace once you have the fascia off(are they late or early heater controls--rotary or slide?) Not that it makes much difference remove the fascia and change the bulb :)

Would it be to much messing around to put a brighter led in the heater controls ? I know i was reading one of my ccgb mags and there was a guy who had done his complete interior looked ace but would it be a pain

Headlights.. yes, it's a real pain isn't it. You need to perfect the art of squeezing the main beam stalk just enough to flash them but not actually click it to engage it. It's difficult but it can be done :) Alternatively flash someone and then wait till there's no-one coming towards you again and flash them again to unclick the main beam switch!

Windows - yep, just crap system for the windows means only one works at a time! All Corrado's are like this sadly.

Heater dials - yeah, sounds like a bulb has gone. I *think* the bulb is behind the centre rotary dial.. it just pulls off and can be replaced. A new one is pennies from the VW dealer :)

Hi! I have the light behind the heater dial blackout - now excuse me for only knowing how to bake cakes, liking fluffy bunnies and wanting a new pair of shoes every week, but what bulbs would I replace the duff ones with.......?!!!

I am newbie, I want to learn. I need to learn, I like to learn.:clap:

Hi! I have the light behind the heater dial blackout - now excuse me for only knowing how to bake cakes, liking fluffy bunnies and wanting a new pair of shoes every week, but what bulbs would I replace the duff ones with.......?!!!

I am newbie, I want to learn. I need to learn, I like to learn.:clap:

I now have recent experience on this! The VW dealer couldn't find the bulb on the corrado, but gave me once from another VW model, however this blew after about 1/2 hour! :bad-words: So then went to Halfords and got two more - a 1.2W and a 2.3W, fitted the 2.3W bulb and has been running fine since - the halfords bulb numbers are 284 for the 2.3W and 286 for the 1.2W... plus as Jim said, was very easy to change - just ease off the centre control and the bulb sits in just behind it!

my favourite design feature is the water storage facility in the roof rails. This means if you have the windows slightly open whilst driving water can trickle or pour onto all your doorcard electrics.

The Babber cake will from now on be expected at any meets/shows you plan to attend.

You want a feature?

After owning my car since march, I figured out on the 2nd week in November how to work the parking lights. 4 days before the car went off the road!

Fyi, you use the indicator with the engine off, and it turns on either side you choose! Handy with the dark nights.

You want a feature?

After owning my car since march, I figured out on the 2nd week in November how to work the parking lights. 4 days before the car went off the road!

Fyi, you use the indicator with the engine off, and it turns on either side you choose! Handy with the dark nights.

Im amazed by how many people dont know how to use the parking lights on cars, i keep seeing people leave the wrong light on - the NS instead of the OS :cuckoo:

You can flash the headlights without engaging the lock on full beam, if you have a light touch you can do it without pushing it past the click point. Just takes a bit of practice.

my favourite design feature is the water storage facility in the roof rails. This means if you have the windows slightly open whilst driving water can trickle or pour onto all your doorcard electrics.

The Babber cake will from now on be expected at any meets/shows you plan to attend.

Well, the heater panel now has light and the boot light has been reconnected so thats another piddly job out the way. :grin:

As for taking cake to the next meet - I don't see much in the way of South West meets on here but come the warmer weather there might be something posted or maybe I will organise my own where is bringing cake is mandatory. Everyone loves a bit of cake. :)

take the trims out, fill the gutter with clear silicon sealant and push the trims back in :)

You want a feature?

Im amazed by how many people dont know how to use the parking lights on cars, i keep seeing people leave the wrong light on - the NS instead of the OS :cuckoo:[/quote:2b9gle0f]

There seems to be a different method for different cars, one friends car turned the parking lights on when full beam was left on with the engine off :S

It's like the winter wiper position, if people know how to set that. I had to explain to a lass at work that's how she fucked her rubber up on the wipers. From them dragging free from a pool of ice!

Don't have my book to hand but iirc, you turn the intermittent wipe on then turn the ignition off, and it does like 1 and half wipes and leaves them sat in the middle of the screen.

Cant see in the book that says that. But have just found out by reading the book that the heated washer jets are infact automatic depending on the abient temperature. (page 46)