James.

The Official Corrado Campaign thread (where are they now)

Nope. Not mine or Jimbos. Shame the image isn't higher res as it seems to have dealer plates as well. Think I'll email the webmaster to see where the image was sprung from. Feel a bit like a private detective. Magnum or Dick Spanner, not sure which.

As a member from across the pond that has absolutely nothing bad to say about the Campaign, I love the interior! I'm stoked you guys are chasing them down over there, hopefully you're up to 4 found and we find that single lady owned car eventually. and hope she's extra attractive and into all of us, at different times, me first... lol

Heaven forbid that she might not be attractive enough and of course every guy on here is an adonis.

Her only problem would be not who she picks but in which order she lines you up.

FFS it is nearly 2013 isn't it... or is it still 1912 in some parts of the world?

edit - p.s. apologies James

Sure they'll turn up in one form or another. One may have even washed up on your shores by now.

Make sure you keep us updated if you spot anything.

Edited by James.

Sure they'll turn up in one form or another. One may have even washed up on your shores by now.

Make sure you keep us updated if you spot anything.

Hi Guys,

I'm convinced that car was sold by Scott's of sloane square , I worked for Vw during the eighties and nineties, if you look closely at the plates I'm sure you can see it, it was on everything they sold.

Hi Guys,

I'm convinced that car was sold by Scott's of sloane square , I worked for Vw during the eighties and nineties, if you look closely at the plates I'm sure you can see it, it was on everything they sold.

It does say in the write up that one of them was sold at Scotts, pretty hard to make out the plate though

Hi Guys,

I've got the Scotts car. And yes you're right, numberplate dealer trim and boot sticker all present. But I'm more intrigued to hear from an ex- VW employee. Do you remember anything about the promotion. Any bumf sent out to dealers etc ?

I used to have a black and white scanned image or pdf regarding the Campaign, and it showed the sales managers standing together, with some info.

Can't seem to find it on my PC though....

Found this pdf, which shows a number plate

DOH!

Just realised, there's a pic of the car on page 1 :lol:

6-pack4web.pdf

I used to have a black and white scanned image or pdf regarding the Campaign, and it showed the sales managers standing together, with some info.

Can't seem to find it on my PC though....

Aaaghh, I need this in my life. You simply must unearth this gem...

I've got the Scotts car. And yes you're right, numberplate dealer trim and boot sticker all present. But I'm more intrigued to hear from an ex- VW employee. Do you remember anything about the promotion. Any bumf sent out to dealers etc ?

Hi James,

From what I remember it was very low key,there was sales literature but not very much just detailing the differences/options,remember there was only a few to be sold, I will dig deeper and see what I can find as many friends still working at VW head office UK and Germany,will speak soon.

James, the 6pack.pdf file came from me, and is a reproduction of an article that was in VW/Audi Car back in the day. I'm fairly certain that there was a (very) brief write up in VW Motoring at the same time, but that's all I've ever been able to find. As far as I'm aware the registration in the PDF was never actually a "real" numberplate, on a car - K2 CKD was the car from Coventry, mine was K191 EHE (from memory), I'm fairly certain they all carried K plates originally.

I'm fairly certain that all are accounted for in the UK, apart from mine (Gilders of Sheffield car) which was last seen in Ireland.

Edited by Campaign

Saw an ad on eBay the other day for a very distressed-looking black G60 Corrado. The car looked basically scrap but I was a bit surprised to see it had one of the Campaign interiors in it!

Went dead cheap as well... link

Stone

Edited by Stonejag

Saw an ad on eBay the other day for a very distressed-looking black G60 Corrado. The car looked basically scrap but I was a bit surprised to see it had one of the Campaign interiors in it!

Went dead cheap as well... link

Stone

Yes I saw that. Surprised it's not not surfaced on here yet.

Ones in northern ireland r probably not. Mine is ODZ 3646. Apparently in chinese means eaten live/raw, keep eating on the numbers lol

Are you saying you have a Campaign ? I'm a little confused by your message.

Mine is still alive (just - needs some work which will happen this year) :)

Good hear your still in ownership Jimbo. How long have you had it now ? What are the plans ?

:cheers:Hi James

Yes the Campaign owned by "The Lady in Ipswich" is still Running and in good condition, I had it running yesterday. and yes it is the one pictured previously in this thread

The car is stored in a secure lock up at the moment so she is away from the elements.

It will be back on the road one day. I will post on here when she comes out of retirement.

PS The Lady in Ipswich is my mum :cheers:

Edited by K1_Campaign
fat fingers

Ive no doubt the Campaign owners will be pleased to read this..

I overtook your mum in an oak green Mk2 just after buying it in 2007 hence why i recognised the number plate..

Oh, and welcome...

:cheers:Hi James

Yes the Campaign owned by "The Lady in Ipswich" is still Running and in good condition, I had it running yesterday. and yes it is the one pictured previously in this trhread

The car is stored in a secure lock up at the moment so she is away from the elements.

It will be back on the road one day. I will post on here when she comes out of retirement.

PS The Lady in Ipswich is my mum :cheers:

Hurray.. We finally have someone who has some direct contact regarding this elusive Campaign. Great news!

WOW!! I'm almost sad the mystery is over.. Bit awkward her son coming on here though, pretty sure there were a number of yummy mummy/milf/cougar descriptions from those that ever spotted the car :lol: :norty:

Reading through various forums and blog sites it seems to me that there are only 4 original campaigns left in existence is this TRUE and does anyone know where they are. I think it would be good to see how many of them we could get together one day. It would make a great pic for the site

I agree, to see two together would be a superb feat. In the mean time, I think you should post a picture or two up to appease our lust for Corrado raritat.

Did any Campaigns get manufactured for sale overseas (USA/Europe) or was it just for the UK.

Just given to winners within the UK dealer network.