Sign in to follow this  
taffyjenks

Replacing Ejector Seats!

Hi everyone.I own a 1990 Corrado 1.8 16v and my son and I have changed the inlet manifold.Unfortunately on removal of the old one we have broken the seats that the injectors fit into when removing the injectors.They were very brittle.Can anyone tell me are these removed by using a hex key and can anyone tell me where I can source some new ones.Possibly a source for new injectors as well?

Thanks

Tony Jenkins

Hi there, yeah you need an allen key to remove but it's a funny size - maybe look at gearbox drain plug keys, I think I used one that was 1mm too small but worked ok as they are not tight.

The brass inserts and the plastic shrouds that clips on are available from VW for reasonable cash - the injectors maybe better sourced from GSF

I misread the title as "Replacing Ejector seats". I was expecting something a bit more exciting and vaguely James Bond-ish. :lol:

Best wishes

RB

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I misread the title as "Replacing Ejector seats". I was expecting something a bit more exciting and vaguely James Bond-ish. :lol:

Best wishes

RB

I just did EXACTLY the same thing... infact I'm quite upset now. I'll just have to add ejector seats to the wish list i think :grin:

Ejector seats are a one-shot deal so you'll have to buy some more, I think ACME may stock them. ;)

Glad to see that at least some members see the humorous side of this post.Went to VW Dealer today as advised by supercharged.Met very serious employee and when I cracked the quip about ejector seats he looked at me as if I had just appeared from a dark place.Never mind purchased parts and looking forward to getting the car going at weekend and I must admit I have had the occasional passenger in the vehicle that I would have enjoyed pressing the ejector seat button.Serious car not so serious owner.

Thanks again

Tony Jenkins.

Can you imagine an ejector seat working though....come on, seriously.......most of our sunroofs dont even open.....you'd just end up breaking the passengers neck....sounds alright but then you've got to dump the body....