Sign in to follow this  
neild92

Starting issue help please

Newbie here with a problem

I have recently bought a VR6.

Love it but it has a niggling fault that i just dont know what the problem is.

You put the key in car starts perfect well near enough starts everytime, I drive the car for say half an hour journey then switch the ignition off. When i go back to put the key back in turn it all the usual lights apear then nothing just wont start!! I have had to end up parking anywhere i can with a hill as the car bumps no problems at all so sometimes starts with the key and then the next time it wont. :(

I have ordered up a new ignition barrel to see if its the key and barrel problem but just thought it was worth asking fellow owners if they have ever had the same issue??

Thanks

Neil

Hi neil, did you get this sorted? I've exactly the same problem and happens virtually everytime I go for a drive now. As soon as I park up and leave it for a short period it just won't start again. I recently found out that if I sit and feck about turning the key back and forward, let the immobiliser kick in and out it normally fires randomly after a few mins and I'm off. I'm guessing it's an electrical problem but before I spend a fortune on an auto-electrician I'm looking at changing the ignition switch behind the barrel, there's a HOW-TO guide in the knowledge section of this forum.

Let me know if you had any joy and would appreciate anyone elses advice as I'm looking to sell the car soon :( want it sorted for the new owner!

Ta

Anyone? I did see the other 'won't start' thread but seems to be different symptoms. Thinking it could either be ignition switch or immobiliser issue? Any advice would be appreciated thanks :)