Sign in to follow this  
hyland770

everything.....

Right im about to get paid for this month and as such thought it was about time to splash some cash on the c. As the engine seems to be running well (touch wood) i thought the steering and brakes could do with a refresh. I already have drilled and grooved brake discs all around but want to upgrade the pads and hoses, now do i go for either:

A. EBC Green stuff pads (for fast road use)

B. EBC Red stuff (suited for track but i thouht if there better on a track surely therel be better on the road too??)

C. Other (which would you recommend)

Also i would like to fit some stainess steel braided brake hoses (is there any particular manufacturer anyone would recommend, or is it just find the best i can afford on ebay type job)

Also i would like to fit polybushes all around, can anyone recommend a good brand or again is it an ebay job as above?

The car will be 95% road use and 5% track use (probably)

if anyone could share their expertise that would be great :salute:

goodridge braided are probably the best hoses around - get the ones with stainless fittings rather than the zink plated as they last lots longer.

also i would go for OEM bushes over poly personally, but it's up to you...

as for the brakes you're better off spending your money on a g60 brake setup - even if you've got drilled/gooved items already - the g60 setup is bigger and better!

don't bother with drilled discs, then can be grooved if you really like, but you're better off spending the money on a g60 setup and some decent pads. personally on a valver i would go with redstuff, but i drive my cars very very hard (having to upgrade to yellow stuff myself before long as i've totally cooked my redstuffs!)