Sign in to follow this  
Andy 16v

Lowering question..

Hello people! I'm looking at lowering my Corrado 60mm all round on 16' wheels. It's an early C' so it's fitted with the 90mm splitter. Do you think this will be too low? Bear in mind I need to keep it as a useable daily.

Thanks chaps! :hitler:

Depends on what u think is usable really? How much ground clearance do u need? How wide are your wheels and what tyres will you run?

I'd say get coilovers either way so you can always raise/drop it as you please.

What are you lowering it on? Coilivers give you the flexibility of being able to go lower or higher until your happy with the height.

As harry said if its coilovers you can try a height and change it if necessary. Depending on the offset and width the wheels you have, you shouldnt have any issues. Its the 90mm splitter that will be the issue, it will scrape on every speed bump and over time will get wrecked. But easily solved by putting a 50mm splitter on.

Thanks for your input guys!

I've got a new set of 'Boge' springs and shocks that say Mk2 golf on the box, I'm presuming that these will fit? Failing that the coilover route may be the best option..

nlau1; I would be interested in swapping the splitter with you yes. Pm me mate.

Cheers!

Check the spring rates if u can. Mk2 springs on a vr6 corrados could cause you problems with too lower ride height, rubbing etc

Cheers Harry. Mines just a 16v so I shouldn't have an issue there.

I've seen a picture of a Corrado on here that's lowered 40mm on 16'' wheels and it looked about right so I think I'll just buy some 40mm springs.

Might want to look into a matching set of shocks as well. Aftermarket lowering springs will likely not have the same spring rate as the stock springs and you ll probably end up with an under dampened ride and a short damper life.

this doesnt sound like the best thought out or researched of questions to be honest...

the points people are making are addressed often in the Suspension Thread here so i'm going to lock this up now.