VR6 Lee

VR6 Lee - Corrado VR6 Storm Mystic Blue Build thread

Hi Lee,

Glad you've finally got yourself one mate.

This car was advertised £4995 when my dad first spotted it a couple of months ago. It looks like you've got a good one there once you get this little problem sorted...

Yeah the list is growing on it but I think the project has started well, hopefully get some more jobs next week done when me and my bro can get stuck into it a bit. :clap:

You fancy coming round kev and giving us a hand see your only local

Just ordered a 17mm locking nut remover, hope its correct!

My tool kit was also missing so would any vw tool kit fit within the spare tyre.. Im thinking of getting a mk 4 one for £17 o fleabay

I've got one you can have for free if it's any good to you. It's from a 98 polo. It looks the same.I'll compare it with the Corrado one tomorrow.

Andy

I've got one you can have for free if it's any good to you. It's from a 98 polo. It looks the same.I'll compare it with the Corrado one tomorrow.

Andy

Yeah that would be great, let me know what I owe you!

Rado loks nice mate 8)

Lat time I had a issue with a locking wheel nut that I didn't have a key for I simply selected a socket slightly smaller than the wheel nut, used a large hammer to belt it on and then simply used a large bar to get it off.

Hope it comes off anyways :)

Rado loks nice mate 8)

Lat time I had a issue with a locking wheel nut that I didn't have a key for I simply selected a socket slightly smaller than the wheel nut, used a large hammer to belt it on and then simply used a large bar to get it off.

Hope it comes off anyways :)

Me 2 will know next week when locking nut remover comes through the post...

just read through your thread...looks like you found a nice Rado...

well done

I hope so!!! We will see at the end of next weekend when I start to do a serious look at what is required!!!!

Cheers to MoneyPit23 for the stereo... great stereo, grabbed a cd to try it and it was Will Smith - Miami...lol :clap:

Hi Lee,

Heres a picture of the two toolkits. The one on the left is the one I'm giving away. The one obn the right is my Corrado one. The Corrado one comes with a jack with a detachable handle and a plug extractor tool.

The Polo one has all the other stuff the Corrado has plus a towing iron. As you can see the Polo case is smaller, probably because the space saver is smaller too. Anyway, if you want it I can drop it around if you PM where you live. I'm in Alti so not far away.

Andy

Hi Lee,

Heres a picture of the two toolkits. The one on the left is the one I'm giving away. The one obn the right is my Corrado one. The Corrado one comes with a jack with a detachable handle and a plug extractor tool.

The Polo one has all the other stuff the Corrado has plus a towing iron. As you can see the Polo case is smaller, probably because the space saver is smaller too. Anyway, if you want it I can drop it around if you PM where you live. I'm in Alti so not far away.

Andy

excellent buddy, sent you pm

Todays jobs

Pulled out the cracked passenger side fog light - Heads off the screws perished so had to drill them out.

Stereo fitted - Speakers are a bit cack but they will have to do.

Bonnet finally opened - painted the bonnet lifter with silver hammerite - looks much better than a rusty one

Bit of surface rust cleaned up in boot ready for priming and painting.

17mm locking nut came but wouldn't fit over the locking nut so not impressed

Started to take drivers side door card off ready for next weeks big jobs

No coolant in reservoir which I was a little miffed with - Oil is clean so must have a leak somewhere or the radiator has gobbled it all up :shrug: :shrug:

Now for a relax!!!!

Not impressed this morning

Went out to look to see what alarm type my rado had on it as previous owner said he had to disconnect the immobiliser/alarm to get it to start. WelL i looked everywhere in the engine bay for the siren and control panel, nothing so pulled the imobiliser switch out of the dash and was greeted to a cut imobiliser so it looks like the alarm has been stripped.

Grrrr

89c63f7b.jpg

497aa244.jpg

So alarm is now added to my wanted list in the wanted section

PLUS Anyone got any of the dashboard covers as seen in pic 1

Andy

Nice to meet you this morning

Many thanks Andy for the tool kit, much appreciated... great looking VR6 by the way(54k on the clock as well) 8)

Anyone know of any cheap places to get a spare key made and programmed.

Main dealer want £££'s, Local Timpsons want £45

Lee if you're still having trouble with your locking wheel nut we've got a tool that worked on my focus today. Tyre place couldn't remove them so wanted to charge me £50 to drill out.

Remembered we had a tool at home that I could try 1st and after a bit of desperate searching i found it. Luckily it worked great 1st time...

Let us know if you wanna give it a try and I'll come round with it...

If you wanna call or text us my number is 07977 427 345

Also, the key you're after, I don't think they need to be programmed. All I needed was the correct shaped blank and then get it cut. Cost me about a fiver once I had the correct blank...

Lee if you're still having trouble with your locking wheel nut we've got a tool that worked on my focus today. Tyre place couldn't remove them so wanted to charge me £50 to drill out.

Remembered we had a tool at home that I could try 1st and after a bit of desperate searching i found it. Luckily it worked great 1st time...

Let us know if you wanna give it a try and I'll come round with it...

If you wanna call or text us my number is 07977 427 345

Also, the key you're after, I don't think they need to be programmed. All I needed was the correct shaped blank and then get it cut. Cost me about a fiver once I had the correct blank...

Hi Kev,

that would be great, car is currently in my garage undergoing some work but still can get to the drivers side locking nuts, if works then could move car out and get other side off.

Regarding the key I was told that from 94/95 have a transponder in the key so will have to get it programmed.bummer!!!

Will send you a txt

Regarding the key I was told that from 94/95 have a transponder in the key so will have to get it programmed.bummer!!!
[/quote:z4g020ga]

Really ??? I have 2 keys... the master that's has a light in it if you press the VW sign.

the spare has no electronics to it at all.

your car will have a chip inside the key, its a small rectangular chip, this get coded to the factory immobiliser, the car will not run unless its coded to the car.

2 options of key normal blank, and a blank with a light, but both keys will still have chips inside,