VR6 Lee

VR6 Lee - Corrado VR6 Storm Mystic Blue Build thread

Bin shelling out the Dollars.

Drive it, enjoy it, It breaks then fix it.

You're not going to devalue it by putting a new engine in (so long as it's done well) as Corrado enthusiasts will know the inherant cost of a VR rebuild. The only thing will happen is that (heaven forbid) when you sell it, your market may be slightly more limited (Taking into account new potential Corrado owners who may be put off by a non standard engine).

I decided upon the vr6 rebuild and then I saw the r32 corrado you tube clip...oMG!!!

Brum brum

who really know exactly how many storms are left? but i dont think there is that many. my personal opinion keep it stock, and if needs be rebuild the engine, the car will be worth more in the future, im put off by modifed cars, as i think they have been abused.do mods yes if you wish, but ones that a reversable, the vr engine is def worth keeping!!

youve got a peice of vw heritage, and the storms in time will be worth a small fortune.

who really know exactly how many storms are left? but i dont think there is that many. my personal opinion keep it stock, and if needs be rebuild the engine, the car will be worth more in the future, im put off by modifed cars, as i think they have been abused.do mods yes if you wish, but ones that a reversable, the vr engine is def worth keeping!!

youve got a peice of vw heritage, and the storms in time will be worth a small fortune.

Well said buddy!!!! :clap:

Having gone for a Storm i'd keep it broadly stock, so stay with the VR6 for me.

Thats the dilema.

That's the decision I had to make. In many ways I wish i had just sold mine and bought a non Storm model to modify. Part of me thinks it's like defacing a classic, the other part of me thinks that there are plenty other Storms...

I chose to modify it, but I haven't done any non-reversible mods. (it'd take a while to put it back though!)

KipVRs car is superb and undoubtably superior to the standard factory product and I think what he's done is stunning. I think its perfectly acceptable to mod any Corrado my point was that if you bought the car specifically because it Storm and are precious about its Ltd Edition status then it may be best to leave it broadly stock. A heavily modified Corrado based on the storm can hardly still be regarded as the Ltd Edition car it started out as

Yeah I bought it as it was a storm!!

So keeping is standard is prob best bet.. maybe a few subtle mods :) :)

Good choice, keep it standard. When considering overhaul/rebuild I can certainly recommend D&G, best in the bussiness in my opinion :notworthy: :notworthy:

I reckon the VR rebuild would be the way to go on this Storm. My reasoning is it keeps things standard and you know exactly how good your engine is. If you bought a 4motion or R32 engine even with low mileage, then I would always wonder about the condition of it and think about whether it had been thrashed around. Plus £2,800 quoted could be cheaper than paying for a transplant, unless you're looking to change it yourself :notworthy: . Then at a later date if you wanted more power, the super or turbo charger could come out to play! I've got a feeling that whatever you decide on, its going to be a great car :nuts:

Having said all that, I'd want Kip's R32 in a heartbeat :lol: :luvlove:

Friday,Saturday jobs (November 4th/5th)

Old bonnet release cable snapped, well clip did on handle so had to purchase complete new cable. Jon_vr6's fault :D Joking!

Not a hard job now we have done it but still 3 hours from start to finish which included setting bonnet pins.

£43.00 from VW :mad2:

5358dc42.jpg

was it just the cable you ordered...? 32 plus the vat..? they told me some part of it is obsolete...?mine just broke.

I ordered the cable and

535823555 Nipple - £4.27 + vat

N0102631 Screw - £0.08 + vat

are those the very last fixing parts at the end of the cable...?

I ordered the cable and

are those the very last fixing parts at the end of the cable...?[/quote:8knsk4eq]

No the two parts are replacement parts for the front of the engine bay where the cable is put through.

I ordered the cable and

are those the very last fixing parts at the end of the cable...?[/quote:sdxfz1pv]

No the two parts are replacement parts for the front of the engine bay where the cable is put through.[/quote:sdxfz1pv]

cheers mate..

It will depend on which bulb, well they are L.E.D s if you know which one is out then it would be easier to get the L.E.D first, then take to the task of removing the clocks. Not sure where you could buy them prob VW ? I know the top 3 green L.E.D can be a bit temperamental a light knock above them on the dash usually works a treat.

To remove the clocks take the lower dash panal below steering coloum off and fuse box cover off. That means you can get to remove the wires and the vacuum line from behind the clocks. Usually involves going under the steering cloumn in a weird sort of army crawl :lol:

Lower your steering wheel to make it a bit more out of the way and remove the plastic surround just before the clocks, 4 screws.

Then you have that out of the way there are two screws one on each top corner of the clocks holding it in place.

Then gently pull forward, and rotate the clocks so there facing down and wiggle it through the gap, it does have to come out at a slight slant of an angle.

It can be a bit of test on the patience so have a cup of tea at hand.

Two screws on either side on the pinnical of the clocks and the front cover comes off , then you can get to your L.E.Ds :clap:

anyone know where to get these bulbs, VW won't sell me just one they want me to buy 30.... no chance

Also need the bulb for the heated seat switch

Car going down to D&G Autotech tomorrow for work!!!

Another trip for me and my bro :clap:

Car now in D&G Autotech in Kidderminster

Long list of jobs for them to do which hopefully should see the car running sweet as a nut.

A big shock today when Graham looked underneath was that there was no Brake Bias Valve present, looks like they removed and by-passed it... not impressed but glad i got down in one piece.

:mad2: :mad2:

Car now in D&G Autotech in Kidderminster

Long list of jobs for them to do which hopefully should see the car running sweet as a nut.

A big shock today when Graham looked underneath was that there was no Brake Bias Valve present, looks like they removed and by-passed it... not impressed but glad i got down in one piece.

:mad2: :mad2:

at least it`ll be sorted for summer mate.. :D

Can't believe they didn't fit a new bias valve. Crazy! At least it's in good hands now ;) Lovely car by the way :)

Can't believe they didn't fit a new bias valve. Crazy! At least it's in good hands now ;) Lovely car by the way :)

Cheers buddy!!

Hopefully it will be a minter by the time i've finished with it

Are you bankrupt yet Lee?

You could have bought a minter with history for how much this is going to end up at.

I was thinking the same. Good on him though for rescuing it. And it will be a car with personal history which he will value very, very much :salute:

Are you bankrupt yet Lee?

You could have bought a minter with history for how much this is going to end up at.

Yep but I wanted a car that needed work doing to it. :)

Next job on the car when I get it back is to get new arches fitted and get the arches sprayed plus front end respray/roof and rear.

Any recommendations on bodyshops?