Sign in to follow this  
joshyp

What Now!

story so far.... bought corrado nearly two years ago in good condition! had little crash on M5, replaced wing (lucky) had crack in windscreen so replaced but there was rust everywhere so had to grind weld and fill gaps, paint etc. so now outside is looking little tatty! then loads of stuff started going wrong; spoiler motor, sunroof, indicator stalks, seat bracket, bonnet release!!!! so took it off the road before it got any worse... so it has been un used for 2-3 months and now needs service but what do i sort out first????

re-spray and exterior

or

little shitty stuff and a service wich it now needs!

both expensive.

this is easy, get everything sorted mechanically and all aspects working with a full service before a respray, im quite sure 99% of people will agree.

^^ I'd agree too. It sounds like you've stopped the rust problems by grinding it all back. So it's not as if that will get worse by leaving it. So I think you should get the mechanicals sorted and then respray. Otherwise you can guarantee you'll get it sprayed and the damn thing will break down when you've got no money left, or someone will bang their dorr into it in the carpark.