volksworld13

volksworld13 lemons transplant begins christmas eve!!

new passenger wing , bought from a breaker, still has the pink back order sticker on the back, so must of been replaced before it went obsolete,

No doubt the colour is slightly different as yellow is another 'red' in trying to match.

But at that price it's hardly an issue and rather a new wing with paint than an old one with rust :grin:

yeah thats the wing i replaced, as the old one was rotten, and it had fresh paint when i bought it, the car has been stood for four years, ive tryed a bit of t-cut and it comes up really well,the door and all will be machined polished to bring the shine up ,and then waxed to seal it, the colour should blend in fine. i see you got an keen eye for paint!! :lol: :grin:

:lol: sorry dude, i have a habit of skim reading!

ok spent about all last night, stripping and cleaning the good engine down, im replacing all the seals,gaskets ,coolant flanges,ect.some one has caked every gasket and seals with silicon, exhaust manifold mating service cleaned and old studs removed, so all is now clean ready for all new parts.rung tps this morn and ordered about £250 worth of parts. to list so far ;-

new rear main oil seal asssembly and gasket

3 new coolant flanges and o rings

new cambelt and tensioner

new cam cover gasket

new manifold studs and nuts

new manifold gaskets

oil filter

oil cooler to mount seal

lower intake manifold

crankcase breather gasket and o-ring

i also need to clean the block and paint it black, and thats about it for a minute, my misses will kill me if she knew how muchmoney i was spunking on these cars!

im supposed to be saving up for furniture! :norty: :nono:

will update some more pics when ive fitted all the bits.

Looking good already Alex :salute:

Oh and on a side note, the nugget you told me about up sheffield way being broken! Well i've just collected the tailgate from him for £20 for when mine is repaired. :shrug: :?

thanks its coming along,but im getting short on funds and i would really like to get the engine in running b4 crimbo.

the chap in shefield, i asked him about a passenger wing, but it was rotten seems a nicer enough chap,

20 quid for the tail gate, bargain, its ideal, as if it was a different colour then its more awkward to paint as you would need to the inside bit too.

i can already imagine a line up of nuggets at volksfest!!! :D

Yeah but it does have a minor amount of corrosion but only minor, will probaby take it right back in some places even inside it to make sure of no rust. Yes bristol could be interesting 8)

20 quid is still a good price and it close to where you live right?

i need to do some rust treatment on the storm , but funds are holding me back.

if i ever win the lottery jackpot i would have enough money to fix all the corrados up in the uk!!

Ha Ha yeah but would probably give them all away and have astons instead :lol:

spent all last night tinkering.

all parts ordered came in yesterday,

flanges,gaskets,o-rings,cambelt,tensioner,oil filter ect. also picked up a new water pump.

engine fully degreased, and using a wire wheel attachment on a drill cleaned all the loose corrsion and rust off the cylinder block. and wiped cleaned ready for paint.

painted in matt black to keep the factory look, i find gloss looks a bit tacky , im trying to give the impression it looks standard/original, this maybe hard to accomplish.

new water pump , and thermostate fitted, new rear main oil seal and casing fitted.new cambelt ,tensioner, stud and nut fitted.

new cam cover gasket fittedCIMG0505.JPG[/attachment:210432ro]

shame you're having to sell bud, looked like it was coming along nicely!

is it not possible you could get the engine in and running? would be a lot more attractive to a potential buyer to know everything works as it should.

i know, i dont wanna let it go, but i have to , ive seen a car i want to buy, and i ve got my storm and 8v, so one has to go. i cant have 4 cars to my self. :grin: :lol:

i would be nice to get the engine installed and running, ive been eager to get this done, but, to do it properly, i need a new startermotor and clutch and a few other bits to make it reliable.

the price represents the money i have spent on it, and the engine work has been done to a high standard, the interior is spotless for a 20yr old car.

if i cant sell within the next few weeks, i may have to keep her. and put the engine in nxt year ,

and get myself a loan out for a deposit.

ive now sold the corrado to my dad, so he will be putting the engine in with my help, so good news it will stay in the family, and it should get looked after.may be a chance to buy it back again when i find some money! :)

engine transplant begins on christmas eve, god im sad.!today, bonnet,bumper ,slam panel, starting stripping old engine downa nd building new one up, new starter motor and clutch has now arrived, 145 incl vat, which was cheap from gsf,

between chribo and newyear she should be running, will try and get as many pics as poss, as i know every1 loves them.