Sign in to follow this  
johnnymagoo

2.0 8v Won't idle when cold

Hello, can anyone give me a few pointers on my 2.0 8v, it will start and if you keep on the accelerator will run, but as soon as you come off the pedal it dies, looking at some other treads may be the idle stabilsation valve? is there also a Idle cut sensor? or any other sensors that could be knackered and not giving the ECU the right info, the car was running fine until just recently.

Any ideas, thanks

I had this problem with my 'old' 8v after some serious running problems just after filling up at a Jet station.

Although the serious 'would hardly run at all' problem cleared the car would then start first time when cold but would cut out if not left running at around 3k revs for 5 mins or so.

From the serious issue the car had all sorts of new stuff, maf, isv, lambda but the final wouldn't run from cold was diagnosed as low pressure in 1 cyclinder, leaking through the exhaust valve.

D of DG now has the car and is doing an engine swap as the original one had 175k on it (though before the Jet station fuel it had ran like a dream 40+ mpg etc etc)

Not sure if any of that will help. Can you get compression tested?