Sign in to follow this  
Haris

Mocal Oil Cooler on VR6 - How have people done it?

can't really find any definative answers.

Still looking for the right fixings, specifically after the centre tube. Anyone able to tell me where I'd be able to find this?

But the main question is, how have people fitted theirs? Have they taken off the original oil cooler? if so what have people done with the water pipes & sensors?

have people used the original oil housing & paper filter setup or have they changed to a screw on oil filter?

Any help would be appreciated!

Haris

DG Autotech supply the elongated centre tube if you want one.

I don't think you can change the filter housing.

I've had one on mine for a while and much happier with the lower temperatures.

If you only do one thing, make sure the pipes are braided, or very carefully routed/attached so as not to cause chafing and subsequent leaks.

I'm talking from experience where one of the pipes was rubbing unseen on the fan cowling, eventually wearing a minuscule hole. The result was oil loss 1300 miles from home near Spain! Fortunately i spotted light blue smoke as the spray reached the exhaust, but one to watch for.

I just removed the original cooler and placed the new sandwich plate in place - i didn't need a new bolt or anything.

The water pipes i simply blocked up as they serve no purpose now. There are no sensors going into the original oil cooler, so no worries there.

WRT the oil filter, no need to change.