Sign in to follow this  
g60racing

Fitting Golf G60 Large IC to Corrado G60 Rad..?

Hi,

I know a few people on here are running Large Golf G60 Intercoolers on thier corrados. My question is how do you attach teh IC to the Rad does it bolt straight onto the rad..?

I need a new rad for my G60 Golf you see, and though I may be able to use the Corrado one..?

Thanks

hmm, im runing a large FMIC but i havent bolted mine on the rad, iv made a few brackets and fitted it under the rad, although the shape of the ic makes this easier. It all depends on the ic size you are using. Dont golf g60 have the raylle big rad ??

Dont golf g60 have the raylle big rad ??

Not quite... The in/out end tanks are different bore sizes, but I'm pretty certain that the actual core is the same. 8)

I've got one off a G60 golf to go onto my 'rado. I've not yet worked out how I'm gonna fit it yet, in fact, I've not even offered it up to the rad to compare them! :roll: :oops: I'll compare them after the rugby's finished and let you know. 8)

The Rallye I/C has a slightly bigger inlet and outlet I think but has the same dimensions otherwise.

gavin

After England has now stuffed the Italians, :cheers: I've taken the photo as promised... 8)

I hadn't realised just how BIG the Golf G60 intercooler actually is until I took this photo! It's a beast! 8) :D :D

Cheers for having a look Henny and taking the picture.

Just had a look on etka and it seems that the rad size is 150mm difference. ('rado 430mm, Golf 580mm). The Golf IC is 550mm according to etka.

Has the 'rado radiator got any hole on the front side that match up with the screw holes on the Golf IC..? If it has, then a braket for the other side could be made..

I have seen people using huge jubille clips to attach an IC to the front of a rad. But would not like to do that as you are bound to damage the IC or Rad or even both..

Henny I dont suppose you have given much thought to how you are going to fit yours as of yet

I'm planning on making up a couple of support brackets to fit the IC... I don't think I'm going to attach it to the rad at all 'cos I want it to sit lower than the rad due to the RS front bumper I've got... 8)

you might wanna look at my setup, if you planing for a front mount Rs bumper set up. its just perfect for that usage, will flow more air than the g60 will ever produce and cool very well, im very happy with it plus it looks cool,would be very hard for the raylle ic to make it hit enough air as its too big unless you do some bumper butchering.

rgds