Sign in to follow this  
boost monkey

Pic request: hi-res side profile pic of a C

Hi team,

I'm trying to find a hi-res pic of a corrado side on / side profile so I can grab some measurements from it. It needs to be as flat on the side as possible, so no over roof or bonnet angles please, just looking for a scale outline ideally.

Preferably no extra wings, bodykit etc. and if the wheels are non-standard please let me know the size and tyre profile also.

Oh and if its lowered.

Thanks!

:D

Hi Boost is this any good? The back bumper is slightly clipped though.LG Phone Pictures 076.jpg[/attachment:2sgb98th]

Its been lowered too but I dont know by how much

Alan

Hi mate,

if you want to be accurate then you'll need a technical drawing like this... http://www.the-blueprints.com/blueprint ... n_corrado/

Taking measurements from a side view picture is never accurate as there is always the perspective factor to take into account hence why overhangs look so long in technical drawings

Yeah I checked Blueprints site, but that pic looks a bit odd.

Also, what do you mean by perspective?

because a 100% true elevation drawing has to be measured perpendicular at every point, a centered perspective cannot provide the longest point measured at the curve of the bumpers for instance, depends how exact you want to be, also, how are you going to establish a scale from a photo?

as an aside, what's your signature statement about :shrug:

Yeah I checked Blueprints site, but that pic looks a bit odd.

Also, what do you mean by perspective?

Hopefully this quick Photoshop diagram will explain things...

perspectivec.jpg

Fig.1 is how a camera (or a pair of eyes) would view a car in side view.

Fig.2 is how a proper blueprint or technical drawing is represented.

As you've probably noticed, a picture of a car always looks more dynamic than the blueprint elevations because of this very reason. Shorter overhangs etc. Also, the general lighting and the way the 'volume' of a car is represented to the naked eye will always inevitably make a photograph more dynamic. The technical drawing is only representing the proportion and outlines of panels on a car in a certain view and not the volume (which makes up such a large amount of how we interpret cars (or any object for that matter).

Hope this helps! I've just graduated from an automotive design degree so feel free to pick my brains about this kinda thing!

because a 100% true elevation drawing has to be measured perpendicular at every point, a centered perspective cannot provide the longest point measured at the curve of the bumpers for instance, depends how exact you want to be, also, how are you going to establish a scale from a photo?

I was planning to get a car at approx ride height (or allow for lowering and diff tyres/wheels etc, and then put a scale into the picture based on the known height if a std C. Or maybe use the wheelbase. It's not exact I know, but without spending hours at MIRA laser scanning a chassis, I'm not sure what else I can do! :lol:

Thanks nlau, I've always wondered about perspective but never really done graphical design in that way.

How was your course? I'm in final year of Motorsport Eng at Ox Brookes :D

Getting there slowly. I'm heeding the advice about perspective, but something like this would at least be good for some aero modelling perhaps.

If I lived where my C is I would have taken measurements by now!

corradoy.jpg

Used this for outline of both side profile to get a profile brick, and then used rear profile to cut the curves into the sides. Pretty basic, took me about 15 mins.

click me - too wide to post as image