Sign in to follow this  
ZeroK66

16V clocks in a G60?

Hello all,

Well, I have a couple probs... My G60 is not a G60 and revs far higher than any G60 could ever want to. And so I want a rev counter that it a little better setup to take this into account.

Further to this, my clocks are currently KM/H and so pretty shite and show 186K km... not good. So wanted a set of 16v clocks and was wondering if they would simply plug in - no probs and rev counter etc would just work - IE: All the differences handled inside the clocks rather than different wiring etc.

Cheers,

Leon

not sure about the rev counter etc,

but the mpg and some bits might not work due to the g60 clocks were made to measure vacuum on a forced induction engine and the 16v clocks were not

also the early (possible all) 16v clocks use a cable operated speedo where the g60 one uses an electric signal from a sender.

what does the car rev to then?

you may be better off getting the clocks re-calibrated... get some stickers for the clocks (or print your own!) and then send 'em off to somewhere like digi-dash.com who can calibrate them for miles and change the rev-counter to read upto a higher top figure... 8)

It's not cheap, mind, but you'll know that your milage/ speed is spot on and have a rev-counter that works upto the redline of your engine... 8)

Mmmm...

What is the situation with digital dashes? I have seen digi dashes with 7K red line... what cars came with this? Was there a digi 16v clocks?

try searching on ebay.de for the digifiz

its the digital dash that was available in the mk2 golf.

it was on 16v's too as far as i know

My mate Dirk Schneider over in Germany usually has a few Digifizes knocking about. Quite a few folk have now fitted them to Mk2 Roccos, changed the backlighting to blue :shock: instead of green (looks really nice).

He occasionally sells one for as little as £300, provided you swap in your existing instrument cluster.

Tempest